Via Napoli?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by itsmeamanda, Jan 3, 2013.

1. hygienejean

hygienejean Diser since 2002!

The pizza is absolutely delicious! We can't wait to return!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWHarpua

WDWHarpua Earning My Ears

I'd say it's a must-try. The pizza is very good. It's one of my favorite pizza's I've ever had. The service isn't always stellar, they can be slow with refills on drinks, but the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

If you don't like it, at least you tried. I'd order a single pizza to share between two people. They are quite large.

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Definitely large! DH likes prosciutto though, so he got his own. We got a to-go box with the leftovers.

5. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

If you can't get a reservation, there is a standby line for outside seating. When I was there this past week I saw various parties being seated, from parties of 2 to parties of 7. There is an outside podium for this; reservations go to the inside check-in desk.

6. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

Via Napoli does not sell pizza by the slice, not in the restaurant nor at the window! I think is very good pizza, they also have a very good appetizer platter, the frito misto that's for 2 but really feeds 3 or 4 in my opinion. It has calamari, tempura type deep fried veggies, arancini. If I were just interested in pasta I would eat elsewhere!

7. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

We loved their pizza! It is definitely more of an "Italian-style pizza" as opposed to a "General American-style" pizza. The sauce is more of a chunky tomato sauce...you get more of a tomato taste as opposed to a little tomato with a lot of spice taste. We got one of their specialty pizzas it was sectioned off into 4 parts: Prosciutto, Sautéed Mushrooms, Artichokes, and Eggplant. It was absolutely delicious! And might I suggest the Arancini as an appetizer (fried risotto, cheese, and meat balls served with a tomato sauce)....amazing!

8. goofyfigment

goofyfigment DIS Veteran

On December 30th they were advising if you just wanted slices of pizza and did not want wait for a table you can go to the take out window. This may just be opened during the holiday season.

9. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yes but from my understanding, the pizza is Disney pizza. Not via. Via has never sold it by the slice. Everyone i know who has bought the slice said its Disney pizza. Im curious to know if anyone on here actually bought pizza from the window before.

10. goofyfigment

goofyfigment DIS Veteran

That's a good question, like i previously said the sign stated it was about 6 or 7 bucks a slice, which when an individual pizza is 17 makes sense, but it its disney pizza that really is unfortunate.

11. goofyintoronto

Yep. Very unfortunate. Lol. It got me thinking. If it was in fact via pizza, wouldn't we be hearing everyone rave about it by now? Lol. But who knows. Hopefully someone, who has bought pizza from the window, can chime in.

12. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

When did you have pizza from this window?

I was there in late November and it was most definitely the Via Napoli pizza!

13. goofyintoronto

Not me. My sister and also a friend. In the past when they bought it they both said it was definitely not via pizza, but the typical Dis pizza. You say it was in November? Maybe this is a new thing they're doing now!? Thanks for sharing. Im excited now! It means i have a chance to get it by the slice during peak periods as well!!!! Yay!!!!!

14. Martyap

Martyap Mouseketeer

Is pizza the only reason to go to Via Napoli? How are the entrees?
    If you are on the DDP what does that entitle you to order?

15. Nomad70

Nomad70 Mouseketeer

My husband and I really enjoyed the pizza here. I have reservations for his birthday in June for the whole family, hoping it's still as yummy as before. :thumbsup2

16. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

My DH had the candele pasta and said it was very good.

On the DDP you can order an entree or individual pizza and any dessert on the menu. The Coppa di Brutti ma Buoni ("Ugly but Good") sundae is great.

On the DxDDP the entitlements are the same as the DDP plus an appetizer. If more than one person is on the DxDDP you can order the Fritto Misto sampler platter. Otherwise the arancini is one of our favorite appetizers.

On the dining plan you can each order an individual pizza. Via Nap will not let you use one credit to share an individual pizza. There have been mixed reports on whether you can combine credits (and how many) to order a larger pizza.

17. Hauntedmansion13

Hauntedmansion13 Mouseketeer

Its some awesome pizza, but if you're eating in Italy I suggest Toto's Italia