Via Napoli or Chefs de France for dinner ?

Via Napoli or Chefs de France for dinner ?

• Via Napoli

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Chefs de France

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
The last two times we went to Chef's we did not enjoy our meal. Two years ago, the food was just bland. Last year's experience put Chef's on our very short "never again" list. Our waiter was extremely rude and quite possibly the worst waiter in the history of bad waiters. He totally screwed up our orders. Then proceeded to tell us that we must have been mistaken. He brought the wrong bottle of wine out and it took three tries to get the right one. He then just disappeared for 30 minutes. We were a party of 4,two couples, and asked for two separate checks at the beginning of the meal. That didn't happen either. We asked if he could redo it and just flat out said no. I have only requested a manager 3 times in my entire life at a restaurant. I requested one this night. The waiter tells us that the manager is unavailable. To top it off, he chased us down as we were leaving wanting more money for the tip. I normally way over tip great service. I tipped this jack wagon $1. The extra tip he received was a bit of advice that should not be repeated in polite company. Needless to say, Via Napoli was my vote. Rant off.

The last two times we went to Chef's we did not enjoy our meal. Two years ago, the food was just bland. Last year's experience put Chef's on our very short "never again" list. Our waiter was extremely rude and quite possibly the worst waiter in the history of bad waiters. He totally screwed up our orders. Then proceeded to tell us that we must have been mistaken. He brought the wrong bottle of wine out and it took three tries to get the right one. He then just disappeared for 30 minutes. We were a party of 4,two couples, and asked for two separate checks at the beginning of the meal. That didn't happen either. We asked if he could redo it and just flat out said no. I have only requested a manager 3 times in my entire life at a restaurant. I requested one this night. The waiter tells us that the manager is unavailable. To top it off, he chased us down as we were leaving wanting more money for the tip. I normally way over tip great service. I tipped this jack wagon $1. The extra tip he received was a bit of advice that should not be repeated in polite company. Needless to say, Via Napoli was my vote. Rant off.
Wow sounds like they need to retrain him lol.

Yes I say they may need to. Also, did the escargot change in the last few years or am I just getting old and forgetful? It seemed different and not in a good way.

Haha, this guy sounds off-the-plane Parisian. I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. We've had several lovely meals there with good service.

My family love CDF, it's on our list almost every trip. VN on the other hand has never even made to list once, so we have never been. My kids are now 13 and 19 years old and having be going since they were 6 and 12 and have never want to go to VN.

Its a tough choice, theyre both my fave! But I have to admit, I do love Via Napoli more. Their pasta and pizza are truly to die for. Chefs is good too thou. I love their goat cheese salad, and the cheese board. so incredibly good! And the beef with noodles is mouth watering. The beef is so tender and flavourful.

I'd do via for lunch and chefs for dinner. But if you cant and had to pick one i'd go with Via.

Chefs. You can get pizza at home, but you don't find a French brasserie everyday!
This is very true. So true that it almost makes me want to change my vote. :scratchin

Its a tough choice, theyre both my fave! But I have to admit, I do love Via Napoli more. Their pasta and pizza are truly to die for. Chefs is good too thou. I love their goat cheese salad, and the cheese board. so incredibly good! And the beef with noodles is mouth watering. The beef is so tender and flavourful.

I'd do via for lunch and chefs for dinner. But if you cant and had to pick one i'd go with Via.

This is very true. So true that it almost makes me want to change my vote. :scratchin
Oh yes I did see a picture of the beef and noodles ! That is what I want to order :goodvibes

We have been to Chef de France several times in the past 15 years. Our last experience in March 2015 was not so good. The service was poor. Food Ok but better in past. No table Cloths and very loud. We did eat at dinner time which we usually have lunch. Doubt that we will return.

We have been to Chef de France several times in the past 15 years. Our last experience in March 2015 was not so good. The service was poor. Food Ok but better in past. No table Cloths and very loud. We did eat at dinner time which we usually have lunch. Doubt that we will return.
Thats not good :( now you have me rethinking which to choose. We will be eating there for dinner. I wonder if the poor service is just at dinner ?

Via Napoli has AWESOME food, especially the pizza, but it does tend to get very loud in the restaurant because the floor is all tile. I still eat there almost every trip though because the pizza is THAT good (and I'm from NYC).

Chefs de France is also really really good, and the atmosphere is really nice. The baguette they give you when you sit down is awesome, and the mac and cheese is outstanding.

Basically, you can't really go wrong with either one!

I would almost write this exact review... but I'm not from New York City.

We have only been to Chefs for lunch, and VN for dinner. We had impeccable service at Chefs (though very slow meal... 2 hours for lunch. We were prepared for this, as it seems a theme, luckily). VN dinner had really slow inattentive service. We also had 3 tired kids, which leaves my memories of chefs winning out slightly. (The pizza and sangria were delicious). If you like profiteroles (we call them cream puffs where I am from!) the dessert at chefs is worth a visit alone!

I'd say it depends on what the party looks like...We are doing Via Napoli one night with our daughter and MIL/FIL and then Chefs on a "date" night just my wife and I. They are both great places to eat.

Totally concur ... this is exactly what we do ... We love both but family for VN and date night for Chefs

We have been to Via Napoli on 4 of our trips (the last 4) and to Chef's on 3 of our trips (first 3). The service at Chef's is what has prevented us from going back. All three times they messed up one of our two orders. We decided to try Via Napoli and they have been spot on every time and our server seem to want to help/explain if we had questions about anything.

I would go with Via Napoli. We have had their pizza which is fantastic and had a few of their other meals. I think that Chef's is off our list for future visits until we feel comfortable enough to try it again. Until then we will continue to go to Via Napoli and get good food with great service.

I have read before that Chef's service is not very good :(
We ate at Chefs de France last trip and the food and service were both very good. The table next to us was occupied by 4 drunk (around noon) obnoxious Americans and I was completely embarrassed and felt bad for the server, but she was very patient even with those idiots.

I haven't tried Via Napoli yet myself, but I have been to Chefs de France and it was a great experience. The food was really delicious!

I have decided we will do Via Napoli for lunch and Chef's for dinner. Now we cant decide what to order at Via Napoli ? Anyone have any recommendations?

I would choose Chef's, we have had some really good meals there. And living in Jersey we have some very great pizza in our own back yard with a much cheaper price tag. We did enjoy Via Napoli, but it is not a must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter