Via Napoli or Akershus Dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazyfordisney2000, Apr 8, 2012.

1. crazyfordisney2000

crazyfordisney2000 DIS Veteran

We have never tried Akershus for dinner,and have always wanted to, but have had Via Napoli and it's my favorite restaurant! I thought we should try Akershus because it's so expensive and we have the dining plan this trip, but I'm really thinking I don't want to miss Via Napoli again, which we skipped last trip due to sickness. What would you do? There is 4 of us, Dh, dd(8) and ds (10). There is not another day to fit Via Napoli in.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

It was nearly a coin toss for us between these 2 restaurants, too.

We went with Akershus. Dd and I have been for breakfast, but ds has never been. My kids are teens so the princesses aren't too big a draw, but they wanted to try the food and the cold buffet was a big draw for my big eater 15 yo ds!

I figured we rarely do character meals anymore, and since we're on the DDP that would be a good time to do one. We can try for Via Napoli on another trip. When you pay OOP and share a pizza, that's a budget-friendly ts meal whereas the Norway meal would be $$$ OOP.

I hope we like the Akershus dinner. Our kids want to compare the meatballs there to the ones they eat at Ikea! :)

4. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

Are you planning on doing any other character meals? Any meals with the princesses? Could you do one for breakfast or lunch and the other for dinner?

5. sweeperyz21

sweeperyz21 Earning My Ears

hello to my friends

6. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

We as a family stick with our favorites because we don't want to she'll out a huge amount of $$$ with WDW restaurants being as expensive as they are just to be disappointed

Via Napoli is a great place for the family so I would stick with that.

:flower3:

7. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

OP: you've got a tough call to make. I think for this time since you're on the dining plan, I would take advantage of eating at Akershus. To pay oop there would be pricey, so here's your prime chance. I hate it that you have to sacrifice your fav restaurant, though. Still, with you being on the dining plan I would go for Akershus. I also think it's good to try new places. What if you find a new favorite? My final reason for choosing Akershus is the age of your kids. A few years down the road, the appeal of a character meal may not be as high, but for now I think they would still enjoy it. It would be fun to get a family photo there too (it's included with the meal). The food at Akershus is really good. We've eaten dinner there several times. It's actually one of my DH's favorites. It's a favorite of our whole family. Good luck with your decision!

8. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

That would be a tough choice for me. Is your DD a princess fan? Though I can find the food at Akershus to be hit or miss, though that's always due to personal taste, I can't rate anything I've had there as bad, and I find the meatballs there to be very tasty, (but please don't expect them to taste like Italian meatballs,) but nothing I would rate as spectacular either, except for maybe the meatballs. And can you get good pizza / Italian at home? If so I say go to Akershus.

9. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

Restaurant Akershus is an incredible value, when you're using DDP. I would go ahead & do that for dinner, since you have the dining plan this trip. To satisfy your desire to eat at VN I would go there for an early lunch & order a large pizza OOP for everyone to share.