VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

So high floor and Mk view. Now I just need to decide if I put non handicap or just leave it without even mentioning handicap. We are checking in on a Tuesday and staying 9 nights. My fear is that checking in on an off day we will get stuck with whatever is left over from weekend.

I wouldn't think that MK view means much to the room assigner. They don't know which rooms at VGF have a better MK view and very few CM's have even been to VGF. In addition we have verified that most room assigners only consider the first 2 requests in order.

We were only in the room 2 nights and I didn't get good pics.

1 bedroom, standard view, room 1422
22874282984_cbbe10bef1.jpg

and looking left

23502598245_c9d4a42f9e.jpg
Thanks for the pics!!

You can just go outside and walk around the back to see it. (by the beach) We went to the boat launch so we can see the fireworks too.

We just stayed in Room 1211 (Deluxe Studio, Standard View) from 12/26 through 1/1. Here are the views (the covered walkway is straight, not curved....panoramic shot makes it look curved):

Room%201211%20VGF_zpsraok2fp8.jpg

Room%201211%20VGF2_zpsa0gjaymg.jpg

We just stayed in Room 1211 (Deluxe Studio, Standard View) from 12/26 through 1/1. Here are the views (the covered walkway is straight, not curved....panoramic shot makes it look curved):

Thanks, Yodarf, for adding your photos to the thread! I have added your villa to the list in Post #2.

I never knew you could request a specific room. I have a question. We were able to book a dedicated two bedroom lake view. Can I put in a request to stay in a room with the last numbers as 06 or 12? We don't care which floor. Or can we put in a request to face the wedding pavilion?

I never knew you could request a specific room. I have a question. We were able to book a dedicated two bedroom lake view. Can I put in a request to stay in a room with the last numbers as 06 or 12? We don't care which floor. Or can we put in a request to face the wedding pavilion?

Yes and yes but there are only 12 rooms matching your request.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm sure this is on this thread somewhere, but just to point it out again. We stayed in 1104 last week. It was a beautiful room, as they all are and it was nice and close to the coffee machine in the lobby. The only issue we had with the room was that it was a wheelchair accessible room, which we did not require. This meant that the counters and cabinets were lower making it difficult to use the sink and coffee maker (which is why it was nice to be near the lobby one). Also, the bathroom had reduced counter space and the toilet was not in a closed off room. Just wanted to point out these features for those who want them or who would like to not have them. We weren't in the room a lot so it was not really a bother, just an annoyance.

In other news, while there, DH expressed the desire to own more points at VGF. We have 200 at AKL and 200 at VGF. I am all for it! Now when to make that purchase ....

I'm sure this is on this thread somewhere, but just to point it out again. We stayed in 1104 last week. It was a beautiful room, as they all are and it was nice and close to the coffee machine in the lobby. The only issue we had with the room was that it was a wheelchair accessible room, which we did not require. This meant that the counters and cabinets were lower making it difficult to use the sink and coffee maker (which is why it was nice to be near the lobby one). Also, the bathroom had reduced counter space and the toilet was not in a closed off room. Just wanted to point out these features for those who want them or who would like to not have them. We weren't in the room a lot so it was not really a bother, just an annoyance.

In other news, while there, DH expressed the desire to own more points at VGF. We have 200 at AKL and 200 at VGF. I am all for it! Now when to make that purchase ....

Could you furnish a view photo from 1104? wdrl doesn't show it on the view list on page one. Also I would love to see photos of the room showing the difference in a Handicapped wheelchair accessible villa. Thanks for the comments.

I was in that room a few weeks ago!

Could you furnish a view photo from 1104? wdrl doesn't show it on the view list on page one. Also I would love to see photos of the room showing the difference in a Handicapped wheelchair accessible villa. Thanks for the comments.

A good reminder as I took a few pictures to share here as it often is difficult to find info on the HA rooms:

p2013391251-3.jpg

p2088496184-4.jpg

This room was wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility:

The bathroom - one large room:

p1718820369-5.jpg

p1750315621-4.jpg

p1657826361-4.jpg

Kitchenette:

p1849515163-4.jpg

p1692135546-4.jpg

No freezer:

p1615642068-4.jpg

Smaller closet than normal with low hanging bar. I just realized I did not pay attention to the safe in the room.

p1769855667-4.jpg

p1810426411-4.jpg

p1705568082-4.jpg

p1843957511-4.jpg

p1737650314-4.jpg

p1652122236-4.jpg

The hearing accessibility aids. I think there were 4 - 2 in the living area, 1 in the bathroom and 1 by the front door:

p1730371206-3.jpg

p1747736544-3.jpg

p1686741744-3.jpg

p1764119347-3.jpg

The view:

p1798587380-4.jpg

p1675784146-4.jpg

p1686065030-4.jpg

p1831508967-4.jpg

p1747837587-4.jpg

p1872481065-4.jpg

Just a quick snapshot of the water parade. The view of this was not great as it did not start lighting up until it was aligned for the Poly:

p1810549391-3.jpg

Great photos! That was indeed our room. I forgot to take detailed pictures, we were in such a rush to eat and get to the park. The thing that really annoyed me the most about this room was the complete lack of counter space in the bathroom. The ledge is only about 3 inches in depth and same with the shelves below it. You could barely store anything. The lack of dresser space didn't bother us. We just put our clothes in the closet. There were 3 of us (2 adults 1 9 year old). We stored the luggage near the door because there was a ton of space there.

14y98x2.jpg

Lake View Room 1414 lake View. Wow. What a view! Love that the balcony is so open since the villa is on the end.

2i1ytkw.jpg

We're cheap on points so after 1 night, on over to Standard View Room 1611. I think this view is pretty impressive too. If you look closely you can see the fake palm tree macrocells from at&t and verizon. I had a panoramic with the monorail going by but I cannot find it now.

I prefer this side over the semi-water standard views of XX15 rooms. This was the first time we've been on this side of the building, we almost always are in a XX15 or once the dreaded 1221.

Last edited:
Lake View Room 1414 lake View. Wow. What a view! Love that the balcony is so open since the villa is on the end.

We're cheap on points so after 1 night, on over to Standard View Room 1611.
Thanks for sharing, Airb330! I've added both of your studios to the list in Post #2.

Great photos everyone! I guess because of the space requirement for a wheelchair at the toilet it really takes away the vanity area. You think they could design it a little better.

We just returned from Disney and stayed one night at VGF. I can't wait to go back and stay longer! I really wanted to experience the lake parade (is it the ELP?) and the fireworks but hubby wanted to go have dinner at Morimoto (would not recommend it). I LOVED the décor of the VGF. We were in a 1bdrm 1417, I think. Overlooked the wedding area (also gorgeous!). Huge soaking tub (yes, I took advantage of it!) The only thing I thought was really strange was the outrageously large shower that made no sense because the shower heads were in the middle of the shower but the bench and toiletry area were on opposite sides, so you had to get out of the spray to get your soap/shampoo or to sit down. just made no sense to me. Now, if they had sprays along the wall, that would be cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter