• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Room 1320 standard two Bedroom. Extremely happy view and room. Minor issues, remote not working & and missing cooking utensils. But very clean, and room was available by noon.
Thanks, hblackb, for your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

I will be visiting VGF this December on my first DVC trip. We bought in last August on a short trip. I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but we are booked in a standard view studio... what room requests would anyone suggest I give Member Services? I would like to avoid those rooftop views rooms obviously but I'd like to request the best view you can get from a standard... thanks for any tips!

If you haven't already checked them out, on the first page of this thread there are photos of most of the Villas. You should be able to get an idea from those. I am going to be booking a 1BR for the first time next week and I have found them really useful.

I read somewhere it's not good to write specific room numbers but a description of what you would like... just in case they can't get you the room number they can try to accommodate what you are looking for. The pictures are amazing though!

We are here now. Standard view Studio. We are pretty happy with the room. If I had a larger family I would wants a larger space. Shower is awesome. Love being able to use the monorail. We dont have the best view but we dont mind taking a stroll to go see the Water parade & fire works. We will be at the halloween party tonight :)

We walked down to the boat launch (less than a minute walk from the Villas) we watched the water pageant and Wishes. You can see Tinkerbell fly from the castle from our location.

We lounged at the pool & hot tub today after dinner (T-Rex). Very nice. My dd said the water is very warm.

We walked down to the boat launch (less than a minute walk from the Villas) we watched the water pageant and Wishes. You can see Tinkerbell fly from the castle from our location.

We lounged at the pool & hot tub today after dinner (T-Rex). Very nice. My dd said the water is very warm.

We plan to do this on our arrival day on Dec. 7th.

We are renting during the busiest time for dvc next year I a standard studio. What should my request to the member be. My only real request is NOT to have an HA room. However I do not want to reference HA in the request. I tried to read and retain these but can't figure out what's what after 24 pages. I don't want to give specific rooms but something to give me best chance to get something decent would be helpful? Thanks. I want to be able to give this to member when he books, so I don't have to bother him again. Thanks guys. Great thread.

We are renting during the busiest time for dvc next year I a standard studio. What should my request to the member be. My only real request is NOT to have an HA room. However I do not want to reference HA in the request. I tried to read and retain these but can't figure out what's what after 24 pages. I don't want to give specific rooms but something to give me best chance to get something decent would be helpful? Thanks. I want to be able to give this to member when he books, so I don't have to bother him again. Thanks guys. Great thread.
the standard views at GFV are actually not bad. we only chose a lake view because that was all that was available. I would request MK view, higher floor. then you would have a possibility of seeing the MK fireworks.oh .. and non parking lot. however.. the parking lot is a bit aways. the standard rooms face a pretty courtyard with a pretty fountain, and many have a view of the Beach pool, some with a bit of lake view. and some with a view of MK.

I don't think so.. but I would think the higher up, the less chance of that. Iwould have no qualms about requesting a non handicap room though.. I myself hate the roll in showers some of them have. If that is most important to you, list that first. it isn't a bad thing to not want it, after all. maybe I would put 1 higher level 2. MK view 3. non handicap.

Thanks Smidgy!! Do those request clear us of HA rooms?

I believe that the only reports I've seen of HA rooms were on the ground floor although I wouldn't be surprised if there were some higher. However, there are so few of those I wouldn't worry too much and personally I'd never have MS mention HA on my request in anyway unless I needed the HA room since there have been way too many reports over the years of people specifically requesting to not have the HA room and that's exactly what they got. A better way might be to request a room with a tub if you feel you need to try and not get the roll in shower. At least I think the VGF HA bathrooms are not split. Honestly though it's always going to be a possibility to get one as they are there and need to be filled even if no one has specific need for it.

I did just look at the map layouts and it appears there are a few HA rooms that are not on the ground floor. And requesting a tub still might mean getting an HA room but it would at least eliminate the HA rooms with a roll-in shower. I'd just go with high floor and hope for the best.

and a high floor would be a better chance of fireworks view.

just so you know, the bes places to view the fireworks are from the dock by the Gasparilla grille, or the balcony outside of Narcosses. same for the elctrical water pagaent. not to be missed. check for times.

Hey all! I've posted this on a couple of boards but no luck... I will be at VGF for my first DVC trip (bought in last year!) in 28 days! I wanted advice on where to count down to the new years?! I've heard of watching the fireworks from the docks or the balloon drops. Anyone have any experience?? Thanks in advance!

Hey all! I've posted this on a couple of boards but no luck... I will be at VGF for my first DVC trip (bought in last year!) in 28 days! I wanted advice on where to count down to the new years?! I've heard of watching the fireworks from the docks or the balloon drops. Anyone have any experience?? Thanks in advance!

One of the best places to watch fireworks from outside the parks is at the Poly beach. It would be a short walk from VGF if you're ok with that. What improves it over VGF is that it is a centered view.

So high floor and Mk view. Now I just need to decide if I put non handicap or just leave it without even mentioning handicap. We are checking in on a Tuesday and staying 9 nights. My fear is that checking in on an off day we will get stuck with whatever is left over from weekend.

So high floor and Mk view. Now I just need to decide if I put non handicap or just leave it without even mentioning handicap. We are checking in on a Tuesday and staying 9 nights. My fear is that checking in on an off day we will get stuck with whatever is left over from weekend.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the check in day. Members are checking in and out all days of the week and there are rarely rooms at VGF just sitting around left over. We often check in during the week and have not been unhappy with rooms.

One of the best places to watch fireworks from outside the parks is at the Poly beach. It would be a short walk from VGF if you're ok with that. What improves it over VGF is that it is a centered view.
Thank you! That is definitely something for us to consider. I've seen it mentioned they close off the beach to Poly resort guests sometimes... I will have to look into it.

We were only in the room 2 nights and I didn't get good pics.

1 bedroom, standard view, room 1422
22874282984_cbbe10bef1.jpg

and looking left

23502598245_c9d4a42f9e.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter