VGF at the 7th month window

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
Going down the day after New Years for a week with DS 19 before we drop him off at college.

Have the reservations already at our home resort at BCV. But the first three days we want to try VGF. What do you think our chances are of getting a 1br at that time using the 7h month window? I assume that week is crowded like most others.

IMO, your chances are not great if you want the whole week. Marathon weekend is 1/8 & 9, and last time I checked VGF was already sold out for that time. But if you would be willing to do a split stay, you could probably get several days prior and after that. Good luck!

IMO, your chances are not great if you want the whole week. Marathon weekend is 1/8 & 9, and last time I checked VGF was already sold out for that time. But if you would be willing to do a split stay, you could probably get several days prior and after that. Good luck!

Yea just the first three days then 4 days in a 2br at BCV

You should check the Resort Availability tool on the member website because you will see that already you may need cancellations by others to have a chance for all three nights in lake view and standard cannot be far from the same fate. Jan 1 in the 1BRs actually diasappeared before 11 months out and Jan 2 lake view shortly thereafter. A problem you will face for that time of year if there are any opneings at 7 months out is that they are likely to be gone within seconds after the opening of the 7 month window, i.e., he who has the fastest communicating computer wins and if you need to cancel the BCV three nights first, you will be able to do the change only at 9 a.m. via phone.

Last edited:

You should check the Resort Availability tool on the member website because you will see that already you will need cancellations by others to have a chance for all three nights. Jan 1 in the 1BRs actually diasappeared before 11 months out

Tried that and called Member services.

Cannot see availability till June 2 at 8:00am online, because it is not a home resort. MS told me I cannot add it on a waitlist till June 2. Stay starts on Jan 2. They cannot advise me of availability either because it is not a home resort.

You are looking for the wrong thing online. After you sign on to the member site, go to "Vacation Planning" at the top of the page and under it you will find "Resort Availability Tool." You can use that to check availability for any DVC resort up to 11 months out.

Last edited:
Just looked it up, you've got some good avaibility for 2BR, and mixed days for stidios/1br. Of course this is as of today. You could always book a split stay and wait list.

As I stated, I went to the Availability tool and yes I can see whats open BUT outside the 7 month window I am not allowed to book at VGF. And member services again confirmed I cannot waitlist till the first day of the window. So no big deal. I will wait.

As I stated, I went to the Availability tool and yes I can see whats open BUT outside the 7 month window I am not allowed to book at VGF. And member services again confirmed I cannot waitlist till the first day of the window. So no big deal. I will wait.

Yes, that is correct (as you know). You cannot waitlist until your window opens.

So if the first night of a desired stay is booked, but the next several nights are open, when the window for the first night opens, you can waitlist the entire desired stay or jus the first night.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter