VGC Waitlist Times

Halefamilyof6

Mouseketeer
We currently own at VGC and are on the waitlist for more points. Having been at this spot once before, I know how it works and the 'variables'.

The last time we waited was about two years ago. It seems like there is higher demand or less people selling VGC. I'm curious how long people have waited or have been waiting for VGC points?
We have a December UY as well. Last time we only waited about three months, but it seems like people are waiting a lot longer now. Does this seem to be true?

We've contemplated adding on at Aulani but aren't sure we want points at multiple resorts. As far as Florida properties we're not considering them as we've never been...we go next May (2016) and after that trip might consider it, but we have to make the trip at least once first to see if we'll be back (we live in CA.)

Are you not finding anything resale? I looked quickly and found two small stripped contracts, and a 160 pt contract that has its points, all December use year. Is there any consequence to being on the wait list and looking for a resale on your own, just in case finding a direct contract takes too long?

For whatever reason my husband is hesitant on resale...I'm still working on him, lol.

Bill - when I asked the guide, all only told me that he couldn't give me estimates. He didn't offer how many people were ahead as he acted like he didn't have that information. Do they, in fact, know how many people are on a waitlist?

For whatever reason my husband is hesitant on resale...I'm still working on him, lol.

Bill - when I asked the guide, all only told me that he couldn't give me estimates. He didn't offer how many people were ahead as he acted like he didn't have that information. Do they, in fact, know how many people are on a waitlist?

I believe that they have more info than what you were told but the fact is your guide wants you to buy today at an available resort, not go on a waiting list for possibly a future buy.

:earsboy: Bill

We have purchased 2 resale GCV contracts, the first in 2010 and the second last year. Much cheaper than buying direct. We bought same use year as our first contract and they work together just fine.

We joined the waiting list for 50 points at VGC on a cruise in February of 2014 and waited 14 months for them. We were just at WDW this weekend and got into a conversation with a guide we ran into who told us we were lucky to get the Grand Cal points because he said the waitlist was so long no new names were going to be added. I know we don't always get accurate facts from guides, but just thought I'd share. Consider it a rumor, I guess, until proven true.

I was told TODAY by my guide via email (if it's in writing, it's true.....verbally, not so much) that I could not be added to the waitlist for VGF. They are no longer adding names to the VGF, VGC, or Beach Club because the wait lists are too long. I think VGF has more to do with them wanting to sell Polynesian, because if it just sold out three weeks ago, there's no way the wait list would be that long.

I was actually going to post the same thing. I was speaking to our guide today, and he told me they are not taking any additional people for waitlist at VGC. I wasn't aware of the other two, but yes, for VGC, the waitlist is closed!

I have been on the waitlist for dec uy points at vgc for about 2 years. I was put on the waitlist for june and dec uy at the same time. The june uy came up about 2 months after being put on the waitlist. We declined that uy as it just not work for us. Guide mentioned that it would be quiet a while before we would see a dec uy contract. Boy was she right as it's been years. We bought some resale contracts about 14 months ago. Good luck on your wait.
PS we are still waiting for that call for more dec uy points at vgc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter