VGC price to increase 27.5% on 3/20?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by SpaceMountain77, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SpaceMountain77

SpaceMountain77 Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman

Is the VGC direct point price really increasing 27.5%, going from $130 to $165?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Sure looks like it...wowzer

4. kristenrice

kristenrice DIS Veteran

... And HHI is going up 43.75%... Crazy!

5. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Yes, but if you buy now you can avoid these price increases. Act quickly! :)

6. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

That is one clever Mouse. :thumbsup2

7. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Absolutely. In one fell swoop the Mouse has changed the conversation from how expensive direct prices are to how good a deal they are in comparison to the impending increases. Genius.

8. zippingalong

zippingalong Mouseketeer

I spoke with my guide today after having my HHI contract ROFR'd. I've remained on a direct wait list and wanted a conversation with him that my price was locked in at $80 per point.

Per my guide (Bernard) HHI and VB are increasing on March 20th, but not to $130 as reported. These resorts will be $105. He sounded like he was reading a spread sheet as he gave me the new prices.

I told him that Disney was crazy and all the new prices are too high.

9. geraghty

geraghty Mouseketeer

It is funny how easy it is for Disney to change the conversation from should I buy DVC? To, should I buy now because the price is going to go up? The market will only bear, what people are willing to pay. Once they raise the price, they will have to find new incentives, because those prices are crazy.

10. Plutofan

Plutofan DIS Veteran

It will make it easier for Disney to market the Grand Floridian. With a smaller difference in the direct price between Grand Floridian and other resorts Disney can convince people easier to buy Grand Floridian to lock in the 11 month window since the price difference is not that great. They are hoping people do not know about resale or there be more restrictions coming....