VGC at 7 months - what am I doing wrong?

Why yes! Yes I did.

I think it's useful to point out that for some size/categories/resorts, there's nothing someone is "doing wrong" at 7 months. Inventory is killer. There may not be inventory even to split stay things from the first day of your booking window depending on when the other units were booked and for what lengths-of-stay. VGC isn't Kidani Village, which is thick with studios.

Exactly, there could be 1 studio left at the 7-month mark, and 300 people sitting on line waiting to get it. Heck, there could be 20 studios left and 300 people waiting to get it. There's no way to predict how it's going to go, but with VGC, you know it's going to go very, very fast. I know some owners at VGC that say there are also a lot of cancelations there, but my limited experience (for 3 days in Feb 2016) don't show that to be true. Even if you don't get your dates, I would recommend if you don't get in to wait-list your stay in 2 small segments. (Ex: If you were planning 4 nights, wait-list 2 and 2.) There's a decent chance something might turn up for you.

Success!!!! I followed the excellent advice I was given here and was able to get a 2BR for our trip!!! It was touch and go for a bit. I needed to borrow some points for this reservation and when I got to that screen, it appeared that it had borrowed the points and then would not go on with the reservation. After a few minutes though, it worked!!! I'm so happy! Love these boards!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter