Vettegirl's Holiday Dining Adventures Update 2/26 Thats a wrap!

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello my fellow foodies! I am Lori and welcome to another Disney Dining Adventure. I had a great solo adventure this past month which included hanging out with some fellow Disney friends and also included a work conference. Since I was going solo and opted to stay club level and forgo the dining plan. I was super excited to try the offering at the AKL CL for 2 nights and onto the BWI for 2 nights. I must say I was very pleased with both and will go into detail on both lounges with their offerings and staff.

Last edited:
So excited to hear all about your adventures, Lori! I would LOVE to do a solo trip at some point. How did Alexander manage without you when you were away?

Hey Lori! Hope you had a great trip. Can't wait to read all about your dining adventures. I'm sure it was relaxing being by yourself in club level for a few days. ;)

Hi! Can't wait to read your reviews (probably when we get back next week!)

Have a great trip!! We leave for DL for the Star Wars Half Marathon on Jan 13. I am so excited!!

So excited to hear all about your adventures, Lori! I would LOVE to do a solo trip at some point. How did Alexander manage without you when you were away?

He had is grandparents to distract him! I missed him so much and I needed a little time alone, but will never go to any Disney park without him again :)

Hey Lori! Hope you had a great trip. Can't wait to read all about your dining adventures. I'm sure it was relaxing being by yourself in club level for a few days. ;)

It was heaven for sure!!

image.jpeg Update!
I flew into Tampa and rented a car to drive to the AKL. The airport and the drive from Tampa is so easy, but of course I was driving 80 as I wanted to get to the AKL pronto! I made it there in an hour, so about the same as the Magical Express in some ways time wise. I parked and was greeted and taken up to the Club Level where I was offered sangria. They no longer have mimosas, but they had this white sangria that was so delicious. The offerings upon my arrival around 12:30 were housemade chips, roasted nuts, chocolate covered pretzels, gummy bears, and hot tea, jungle juice, water, espresso machine, iced tea, and a little fridge with sodas and milk. I only had the BC CL to compare to but I tell you this lounge is very dark, quiet, and overlooks at fabulous lobby with one of the most beautiful Christmas trees on the planet. I helped myself to a few chips with ranch dressing and roasted nuts and another sangria, before heading over to AK. For lunch I really wanted Yak & Yeti but the place was an absolute zoo! So I went next door to the QS were I settled on the daily special, chicken curry with rice. OMG this was so good and I loved the smaller portion. It had the same taste as my beloved seafood curry next door except with chicken. I was so glad I tried this. I did not opt for a dessert. I would go back to the QS in a heartbeat for sure.

image.jpeg

Looks like a great start to your trip. Can't wait for more

Following along! Everything sounds yummy so far! One good thing when you leave the little ones behind you are SO happy to see each other when you get back ::yes::

AKL CL looks lovely. How nice to have that lovely sangria! Your curry sounds great....we are super excited to try Yak and Yeti for the first time in March. Only 72 more days!!

Where are you staying for Star Wars? My husband and I are doing the 5K + Rebel Challenge - we're at Grand Californian & there the 12th to 19th

Can't wait to read more!

Yay another Lori report! I'm a massive sangria fan so I'll have to keep club level in mind (you know, for when I win lotto and can plan a dream trip ;))

P.S Happy New Year! I hope 2016 is full of love, laughter, food and Disney! :earboy2:

Following along! Everything sounds yummy so far! One good thing when you leave the little ones behind you are SO happy to see each other when you get back ::yes::

I was so happy to see him when Peter picked me up at the airport!

AKL CL looks lovely. How nice to have that lovely sangria! Your curry sounds great....we are super excited to try Yak and Yeti for the first time in March. Only 72 more days!!

I hope you enjoy Yak & Yeti as much as I do. It is one of the best restaurants period in my book. Sooo close 72 days!!

Where are you staying for Star Wars? My husband and I are doing the 5K + Rebel Challenge - we're at Grand Californian & there the 12th to 19th

Can't wait to read more!

Holy cow you guys are going to be doing some serious running! We are not staying on property this time, but will be at the brand new Homewood Suites down the street, the offer a full breakfast and evening dinner with free drinks for a suite for $149 a night. I really wanted to stay at the DLH but with 4 adults and Alexander this will be a better set up for us.

Yay another Lori report! I'm a massive sangria fan so I'll have to keep club level in mind (you know, for when I win lotto and can plan a dream trip ;))

P.S Happy New Year! I hope 2016 is full of love, laughter, food and Disney! :earboy2:

Happy New Year! I hear you on the CL, if it wasn't for that nice 40% military discount, I would be staying at Pop or Shades of Green for sure!

OOOHHHH! A new option for the seafood curry at Y&Y! Thanks so much!

It was such a pleasant surprise, as I was so bummed that next door was super packed.

After walking around AK for a bit and going on a couple of rides I made my way back to the AKL CL lounge for their afternoon tea. It was not busy in the lounge and it was so nice to have a nice cup of tea and a cranberry scone. They also had a couple of other little treats out. This was something that only the GF CL does in the afternoon. I really enjoyed it.

That evening I had dinner in the lounge back at the AKL. I was so excited to try the evening offerings and it was a culinary delight for me! I can tell you if you don't like indian type food or foods with exotic spices, do not book the AKL CL as you may not like it. What I really enjoyed was the chef had a station and was prepping the food right there in the lounge. Sorry BC CL you suck big time compared to this experience. They also had a nice cheese selection, veggies, dips, crackers, salads, and a nice beer and wine selection. The hot offerings were the lamb curry, which is the same served at Boma, and curried butter turkey. Both were outstanding and I went back for seconds and thirds :goodvibes You can pour your own wine but they get the beer from the back and bring it to you.

Wow, AKL Club Level looks amazing. Love that the chef is right there preparing things for you. Can't get any fresher than that ; ) Did they have standard wine or South African ones?

Wow, AKL Club Level looks amazing. Love that the chef is right there preparing things for you. Can't get any fresher than that ; ) Did they have standard wine or South African ones?

They had both types of wines. Selections were very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter