VERY VERY last minute ADR Help!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tskover57, May 20, 2008.

1. tskover57

tskover57 Mouseketeer

My mom and I are heading down for a quick mom and me birthday trip from 5/26-5/29 This was a VERY last minute thing, we just booked just a few days ago and I'm struggling with the last TS ADR.
    We were lucky to get two already, this is what we have...
    5/26 Breakfast at Kona (9:20)
    5/27 Lunch at Coral Reef (1:30)
    5/28 nothing
    5/29 leaving

So I'm not sure what to do our tentative for the 28th are AK morning(EMH) and DHS evening(EMH) but very flexible we are staying at SSR!

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!!!

Thanks,
    Tiffany

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eeyorefan08

eeyorefan08 Earning My Ears

Since you are staying at SSR, I would suggest Turf Club.

4. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

Try Boma's at the AKL for dinner. You have a breakfast, lunch, dinner. Boma's is African flair-great meats, soups. You should be able to get in if you ask for an ADR when they open.

5. PrincessNoelle'sMom

PrincessNoelle'sMom DIS Veteran

Both Tusker House (characters at breakfast only) or Yak and Yeti are good choices for AK. Not too crazy for any of the DHS TS's, but love Cape May Clam Bake for dinner which is a short distance to BC from DHS.

6. DCPrincess

DCPrincess Mouseketeer

My suggestions are either Boma or Jiko at AKL, or Spoodles on the Boardwalk (near Hollywood Studios). If you are flexible on time you should still be able to get a ADR at one of those. Good luck and Have fun!

7. marriedtodisneylover

marriedtodisneylover Earning My Ears

I agree with Boma - can't go wrong with either breakfast or dinner. We ate both meals at Boma and loved both. We ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe at DHS. Good but not wow. Since it is a last minute ADR you may have an easier time at a restaurant not in the park itself.

8. jesusluvsu2005

jesusluvsu2005 Mouseketeer

Keep checking on the reservation line. People cancel all the time I'm sure. I just cancelled a couple for the 29th but they were for larger parties. It was at Kona and Whispering Canyon. Hope you get some good places soon! :) Have a great trip! I'll be there then too and we're so excited!
    God bless,
    Amanda

9. tskover57

tskover57 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies, we're thinking of many Ohana... we thought about spoodles too! Not sure though... any thoughts, it would probably be a dinner!

10. holcomb-mania

holcomb-mania DIS Veteran

Bingo. You can get a TC ADR same day, most likely.

11. love_mickey

love_mickey nina

just keep checking to see if there is any one who cancel you can even go to the front desk and they will help you while you are there :) As far as boma goes i didnt like it so well how ever my husband loved it but i am a picky eatter to i am going back in december also does any one know anything about the brown derby i would like to do dinner with a imageneer but someone said something about them doing away with it does anyone know if its true or not??

12. DCPrincess

DCPrincess Mouseketeer

We ate at Spoodles last year and had a wonderful meal. Or another option if you don't want/need a sit-down meal is the pizza window or food carts on the Boardwalk. We got pizza and sat along the Boardwalk watching the various entertainment and had a very relaxing (and cheap for disney) meal.

13. TotalSnowWhite

TotalSnowWhite DIS Veteran

I just booked a lunch ADR for Prime Time for next Wednesday about ten minutes ago. If you want to stay in HS, they may be light next week.

14. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

If you're going to DHS for EMH pm then I would rec. 50's PTC. We did this last Sept. (8 p.m.) on an EMH pm. Luckily we did since about 7:15 the skies opened up and it poured for about an hour. We actually arrived for our ADR about 30 min. early and ended up waiting about 20 extra min. for our table (noone was leaving due to the rain) but if we hadn't had the ADRs we would have been out of luck. Plus we enjoy the food, decor, and wait staff there.

My DM and I usually share a meal (even when on DDP). My DM loves the pot roast. We've had the fried chicken and to us it's just okay.

HTHs. Have fun!