Very new and confused!

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
I purchased AK when I was there in Dec 2008 and of course got the developer points ( which I am using in April!!! ) but I have a question about the 2008 points granted to me. If I want to bank them how long do I have to use them? Is is just to the end of this year? I am really confused on this point!

thanks

If you just purchased AKV in December, you likely have Kidani points that are not useable until May of this year. That means that you would not have 2008 points at all, but you probably do have developer points that have to be used by October (I'm not sure about the date) or something like that. Developer points can only be used at SSR and must be booked from the 7 month booking window for your travel dates.

Which use year do you have? IF you did indeed get 2008 regular points, it would mean you were able to get a Jambo contract, and I'm pretty sure those have been unavailable for some time now.

Okay, so you ARE using the developer points already. If you are a Kidani owner, you can't use any other points until after May first, but you CAN book with them at AKV starting in March for stays after May 1.

I purchased AK when I was there in Dec 2008 and of course got the developer points ( which I am using in April!!! ) but I have a question about the 2008 points granted to me. If I want to bank them how long do I have to use them? Is is just to the end of this year? I am really confused on this point!

thanks
Your Use Year determines how long you have to use your points and also your banking deadline. You can bank points only during the first 8 months of your Use Year. For example, if you have a June Use Year, your banking deadline is Jan 31st. If you have an Oct Use Year, your banking deadline is May 31st.

Your Use Year also determines the dates that a given set of points can be used to book a stay. So let's say for example you have an August Use Year. You would normally have from Aug 1, 2008 until July 31, 2009 to use your Aug '08 points. Since these points are tied to a Unit in Kidani Village with an occupancy date of May 1, 2009, for this year only you are restricted to using these points for stays that begin on or after May 1, 2009 so your Aug 2008 points are valid for stays between May 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009. You would have until Mar 31, 2009 to bank your Aug 2008 points into your Aug 2009 UY. Once banked, you could use those points for a stay between the dates of Aug 1, 2009 and July 31, 2010. Banked points cannot be banked a second time so they would expire on July 31, 2010.

This example was based on an August Use Year. The actual dates that apply to your points will be different if you have a Use Year other than August.

Okay, so you ARE using the developer points already. If you are a Kidani owner, you can't use any other points until after May first, but you CAN book with them at AKV starting in March for stays after May 1.

My Guide said AKV Jambo and Kidani are the same DVC.
Because they were sold as Kidani points they can't be used until after May.
I purchased AKV with a Dec UY.
We just closed. We got 2008 points.
I just banked them.
I am making reservations next week for next Christmas.
Using 2008, 2009 and borrowing a few 2010 points (36).
I was told we can book now as long as it is for after May.:confused3

My Guide said AKV Jambo and Kidani are the same DVC.
Because they were sold as Kidani points they can't be used until after May.
I purchased AKV with a Dec UY.
We just closed. We got 2008 points.
I just banked them.
I am making reservations next week for next Christmas.
Using 2008, 2009 and borrowing a few 2010 points (36).
I was told we can book now as long as it is for after May.:confused3
You are correct. Those who purchased a Kidani unit and have a Use Year of June, Aug, Sep, Oct or Dec got 2008 points with their purchase. Those who have a Use Year of Feb, Mar or Apr will start with their 2009 Use Year. Since you have a Dec UY, you got 2008 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter