Very last minute trip! Condo-type accomodations?

shamrock30

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are taking a last minute trip beginning the Friday after Thankgiving for eight nights. I really feel out of the loop about current offerings. I've done some checking, and we may stay at a hotel the first 2 nights if the place we want to book isn't available until Sunday.

I want up-to-date accomodations with nice grounds, where we can feel comfortable taking walks at night. I don't swim, but DH may go in 1-2 times if it's warm enough. In previous trips we've stayed at Cypress Point, the Vistana closest to WDW, HGVC Seaworld, HGVC I-Drive. The HGVC I-Drive is probably my favorite of the four, and we may book there, but I thought I'd check here first in case anyone had other suggestions?

We got a great last minute deal for Windsor Hills last year and we are staying there again in a few weeks.

Your first choice sounds great to me, but since it's a holiday weekend I thought I'd offer up a couple more options. Bluegreen's the Fountains, and Sheraton Vistana Village are just past that bend to the SeaWorld side of HGVC, and are both gated communities. The Fountains is about the same size as HGVC, although the pond you walk around is smaller, and Sheraton Vistana Villages is larger than HGVC but also has smaller ponds.

You can get a canoe or paddle boat on Lake Eve at the Fountains, which I love. :) Can't walk around Lake Eve but you can walk along behind the three buildings there and then cross the parking lot to walk around the pond.

Hope you find a great last minute deal right where you want to go. :)

Thanks! I'm checking into all those that were mentioned. The Fountains and Windsor Hills both sound like a good fit from what I'm seeing so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter