VERY Impressed with Davids

Please check your e-mail.

~ David

I did, thank you sooo much David! We are super excited that now it is official and I can start to plan over the next 10 months! Thank you and your staff for being so wonderful to work with so far and keeping my spirits up while being on the wait list! I did have one question though. When I checked the reservations it did say that we would be staying in Jambo house. Is that accurate or do you not know for sure until you check in? Thanks again :)

~Jenn Thornton

Hi, David!! I've been a nervous wreck waiting to hear about my request thru your agency. I don't know what to do...was told there was availability, but no points. I'm puzzled. Really want BLT. :confused3

Sorry about your confusion. There are two key components to staying at a DVC resort. The first is room availability. There must be a room in the DVC system to reserve. Second is the availability of points. If the reservation is more than 7 months from now, it will require a member who holds points for Bay Lake Tower.

While there is a room available in the DVC system, we currently do not have a member that has the points necessary to reserve the room for you. Every hour of every day brings new members with points from varying resorts to us for rent. As you can see from previous posts on this thread, we have satisfied several requests to guests who have waited. However, we do give you two choices when this occasion arises. 1) We can keep your request on file and fill it as the points come in or 2) We can cancel your request completely and refund your deposit.

So what are your chances? Without knowing exactly the room type you are looking for or the number of rooms you need or the number of nights you require, I can't really say. If you are looking for a room with a Standard or Theme Park View then time is of the essence. If you are looking a room with a Lake View then your chances become much better. If you are looking for a 1 bedroom Lake View, then your chances really improve as this is usually the last room type to sell out. So, if you can, hang in there a little longer and give us a chance to come through for you.

I did, thank you sooo much David! We are super excited that now it is official and I can start to plan over the next 10 months! Thank you and your staff for being so wonderful to work with so far and keeping my spirits up while being on the wait list! I did have one question though. When I checked the reservations it did say that we would be staying in Jambo house. Is that accurate or do you not know for sure until you check in? Thanks again :)

~Jenn Thornton

Jenn, if it says Jambo, you are booked into Jambo. That's guaranteed.

~ David

thornton0511 said:

~Jenn Thornton

That is so awesome !
I am really happy that AKV came through for you!
It is exciting now knowing where you will b staying & planning your holiday around this.
Yay :)

Sorry about your confusion. There are two key components to staying at a DVC resort. The first is room availability. There must be a room in the DVC system to reserve. Second is the availability of points. If the reservation is more than 7 months from now, it will require a member who holds points for Bay Lake Tower.

While there is a room available in the DVC system, we currently do not have a member that has the points necessary to reserve the room for you. Every hour of every day brings new members with points from varying resorts to us for rent. As you can see from previous posts on this thread, we have satisfied several requests to guests who have waited. However, we do give you two choices when this occasion arises. 1) We can keep your request on file and fill it as the points come in or 2) We can cancel your request completely and refund your deposit.

So what are your chances? Without knowing exactly the room type you are looking for or the number of rooms you need or the number of nights you require, I can't really say. If you are looking for a room with a Standard or Theme Park View then time is of the essence. If you are looking a room with a Lake View then your chances become much better. If you are looking for a 1 bedroom Lake View, then your chances really improve as this is usually the last room type to sell out. So, if you can, hang in there a little longer and give us a chance to come through for you.

Jenn, if it says Jambo, you are booked into Jambo. That's guaranteed.

~ David
Thank you, David. We requested a 1 bedroom lake view and a 2 bedroom lake view within BLT from December 22-27. We really want to stay at that resort.

That is so awesome !
I am really happy that AKV came through for you!
It is exciting now knowing where you will b staying & planning your holiday around this.
Yay :)

Thanks I agree. Seems that is one thing we can both scratch off our lists! Congrats again to you too on getting your resort for the holidays...now if we could only speed up time lol :)

Thank you, David. We requested a 1 bedroom lake view and a 2 bedroom lake view within BLT from December 22-27. We really want to stay at that resort.

Don't worry too much, a couple of us were in the same boat as you several weeks ago and David and his staff came through and the points were available. I was stressing too because I really had my heart set on AKL, and I got it today. Just try not to worry about it too much and feel free to email David and his staff with any questions you may have or updates or reassurance you may need.They are great. Someone sent some pixie dust my way a few weeks ago and so I will send you some now too! pixiedust:

Don't worry too much, a couple of us were in the same boat as you several weeks ago and David and his staff came through and the points were available. I was stressing too because I really had my heart set on AKL, and I got it today. Just try not to worry about it too much and feel free to email David and his staff with any questions you may have or updates or reassurance you may need.They are great. Someone sent some pixie dust my way a few weeks ago and so I will send you some now too! pixiedust:
Thank you!! I'm trying not to stress. I just would feel better knowing that we're locked in to our resort. I've got Disney-Brain. I can't stop thinking about it and planning. Hopefully your pixie dust will do the trick! Congrats on your request coming thru. :)

Thank you!! I'm trying not to stress. I just would feel better knowing that we're locked in to our resort. I've got Disney-Brain. I can't stop thinking about it and planning. Hopefully your pixie dust will do the trick! Congrats on your request coming thru. :)

Thanks! I was seriously just like that until this afternoon when I got home and checked my email. I literally checked multiple times a day to see if the points were ready so I completely understand. It's hard to plan and daydream about your Disney vaca until you have something solid booked so I totally get this. If it helps keep the communication lines open with David and his staff. For me not knowing and going a few weeks without hearing anything drove me batty until I finally asked and they were kind enough to update me on how far up the list I was etc. good luck to you and I hope you get your resort soon :)

-Jenn

I'm also very impressed with David's. My girls want to go on a cruise this summer instead of going to Disney, so we decided to list our points with Davids since it was the same price we rented them last time. We had them rented in less than 12 hours.

Thanks! I was seriously just like that until this afternoon when I got home and checked my email. I literally checked multiple times a day to see if the points were ready so I completely understand. It's hard to plan and daydream about your Disney vaca until you have something solid booked so I totally get this. If it helps keep the communication lines open with David and his staff. For me not knowing and going a few weeks without hearing anything drove me batty until I finally asked and they were kind enough to update me on how far up the list I was etc. good luck to you and I hope you get your resort soon :)

-Jenn
I have finally got my thoughts together and revised our request. Here's to hoping that our Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom comes thru for December. Apparently there are only a half dozen people in front of us with requests, so hopefully we'll know something in the coming weeks. Keep the pixiedust: coming because we need it!

I'm also very impressed with David's. My girls want to go on a cruise this summer instead of going to Disney, so we decided to list our points with Davids since it was the same price we rented them last time. We had them rented in less than 12 hours.

:thumbsup2

I have finally got my thoughts together and revised our request. Here's to hoping that our Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom comes thru for December. Apparently there are only a half dozen people in front of us with requests, so hopefully we'll know something in the coming weeks. Keep the pixiedust: coming because we need it!

:thumbsup2Will do

I did hear that because the AKL is such a large resort the availability stays pretty open :)

We still don't have a solid answer from our family. I'm hoping we'll get something solid so I can put in my request. We want a 2BR at AKL - Kidani. I just don't think a code is going to save us close to what we can save through renting.

JT

We received our secured reservation this morning!! You're pixie dust worked! Now I can breath and the planning fun can begin.

YAAY!!! So happy for you guys! Is is a nice feeling of relief when you get that email and know for sure ::yes:: now for obsessively planning a vacation for the next 10 months lol ;)

We still don't have a solid answer from our family. I'm hoping we'll get something solid so I can put in my request. We want a 2BR at AKL - Kidani. I just don't think a code is going to save us close to what we can save through renting.

JT

JT sending some your way also. pixiedust: Hope you get what you need soon :)

~Jenn Thornton

I'm so happy for you! AK is awesome!

Just finished my first and second transactions with Dave's. Worked great and smooth. I purchased a loaded contract with Apr UY and full points from 2011 forward. Knew we couldnt use the points ourselves we put them right to Dave, and he has almost all of them rented already. That tech. lowers our purchace price since I knew we couldnt use them, plus Dave just started giving $11per for a limited time, good timing.:cool1:

We only have 70 points left out of the 635 that we placed with David one week ago. So easy! Such nice people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter