very high anxiety, don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by luv4u859, Mar 14, 2011.

1. luv4u859

luv4u859 Mouseketeer

So last night I really freaked myself out. I was on twitter late night and somebody tweeted something about their son having a braid tumor, and of course I read it and now I am terrified. She said he was having weird ear swooshing noises, which I get when I yawn mostly. She also said he gets early morning headaches, which I don't get, never really have. My headaches are usually caused by me being hungry, sleepy or too much noise around. I don't think there's really anything hat triggers them.

Think I am going to go to therapy. I need this anxiety out of my body, I want to live a happy life and not have to worry about dying or some termnill illness every 5 minutes.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. luv4u859

luv4u859 Mouseketeer

Also keep in mind, as a child I got a lot of ear infections to the point I needed tubes and when I saw the nurse practioner she said she saw some scaringin my ears still

4. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

You are conditioning yourself to this type of response. If you want this to stop you need to get yourself out of that pattern.

Here are some articles for you. I'm printing the whole articles so I know for sure that you see them. ;) You need to get yourself some help asap.

Post Traumatic Stress http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/DS00246

5. Granfan

Granfan Disney Addict

The right medication can work. I had occasional bouts of IBS for 20 years but was in denial about nerves and anxiety. You know, fake calmness?? Pretend everything is fine? Well I finally had to take something because I would wake up with night terrors. I took a few different SSRI's (Celexa was a real downer. Lexapro ok, Pristiq was great. I had to stop
    after about 6 months because of itinvoluntary muscle spasms. BUT I was on the medicine long enough that all the problems I mentioned have been gone for 2 years. If they come back I will try them again fir a short time and not suffer for so long because nothing else helped me.

6. pfp258

pfp258 Mouseketeer

to the original poster- I suffered from a very similar situation about 18 months ago. my life fell apart on November 1, 2009. I just felt like something was off with my health- went to Doctor- all tests came back fine. This is when swine flu was circulating and they sort of said that perhaps this is what I had. (I teach pre school and two of my students had confirmed cases.) So I went with that except that after three weeks I still was convinced it was something else that was wrong. I was convinced that I was goint to die- that I had some terrible undiagnosed disease that the Doctors couldn't find. I had blood work, a brain scan, a CT scan of my abdomen, a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. All came back normal- but I had completely lost my appetite and couldn't eat. Food just made me sick- I had lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. It all came to head in December- I literally could not function- dry heaving in the morning- shaking, crying fear that I was losing my mind- sure that I had some sort of cancer. I ended up in the emergency room the Friday before Christmas and that is where I first heard that I was probably suffering from severe anxiety and had been having anxiety attacks. I was given medication (clonazapen) to start taking right away and then was sent to see a psychiatrist first thing Monday morning.
    I am currently taking 100 mg of zoloft. I started with low dose and reached 100 mg about 4 months into treatment. I am doing great now, back to my ususal self- I've gained most of the 29 pounds I lost in those 8 weeks back. My life seems to be back to normal. I did try cutting my medication in half in December, but ended up having 4 panic attacks in one day. (More than my body can handle!) So back up to 100 mg. I have been seeing my psychiatrist and a therapist since all this occured and it has really helped. Please don't think you can "just stop thinking" about this- if you are anything like me- so scared that there is really something wrong that the Doctors are missing- becoming hyper vigilant about your body and every ache and pain- than chances are that you need real professional help. Let me know if you would like to e-mail me directly and we can talk more then. Please get help and realize that medication takes time- it has really taken me almost a full year to stop thinking that every bruise on my body means I have leukemia, every pain in my lower back means I have ovarian cancer, every headache I suffer is probably a brain tumor etc. My thoughts are with you as you start your journey to full health.

7. pfp258

pfp258 Mouseketeer

Oh I also googled my symptoms over and over delving deeper and deeper- convincing my self there was something so wrong with me. My doctor finally told me that I needed to stay off the internet and particularly medical web sites.