Vero first or VWL?

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
We have made our first ressy at our home resort for the begining of September. We are staying 8 nights in a one bedroom at VWL and the last three nights in an ocean view room at Vero.

As we are flying into Orlando from the UK, I thought we might be better off doing VWL first, to spare the long drive to Vero when we get off the plane but, my husband thinks we might be better doing Vero first, then we get to relax before going to WDW.

What do u usually do when you are flying into Orlando and doing Vero and WDW? Is it better to do Vero first or last? Thanks.

We are doing BCV for 3 days, then VB for 2 days, then back to OKW for one last night before we go home. This scenario was requested by my oldest DD who doesn't care how much I have to drive LOL. Actually I like the idea of spending the last night at Disney - I don't know how I would feel driving thru Orlando, straight to the airport from Vero.

We have always done WDW and ended up with Vero. Its a lovely way to wind down after the parks. Vero is so relaxing that your not exhausted when you get home.

There is no "correct" answer to your question. It is just a matter of personal preference and what you think will work best for your group.

We've taken two "combo" trips to VB and BWV. We started our trips with VB both times and both turned out to be wonderful trips. Since our WDW time was quite limited for those trips, we were glad to have the kids do a lot of swimming at VB so they wouldn't need to do quite so much at WDW. (Moms & Dads wanted park time on those trips:D).

VB is a great way to "wind down" from your usual routine before going to WDW, and it's also a great way to "wind down" from WDW before returning home. Either way, you will have a wonderful time!

The drive to VB is about 2 hours from MCO (assuming you mostly drive at or below the posted speed limits:D). If I were in your situation, I'd just go with my DH's opinion, especially if he will be doing the driving. It really doesn't matter anyway and then maybe I get my way next time!:) :) :)

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip!

As CarolMN stated, you can't go wrong either way. We are going down to VB June 29 (5 nites 1BR) then we are driving up to OKW for 2 nites (1BR), not doing the parks at all. We decided to have the shorter ride to the airport (35 minutes) on the return trip from OKW. This way we can sleep in, our flight doesn't leave Orlando until 12:00 pm, so we don't have to leave OKW until 9:45 am.:D

It's true that either way works. My personal feeling is that after the "go-go" of WDW I feel a little bored by Vero and don't appreciate it is as much. I've started going there first and then on to WDW.

I do agree with your point about not wanting to make the drive after your flight. In fact, even with my short flight, several times I've spend one night at WDW and then headed out to Vero. It's not too bad leaving when you know you'll be back in a few days.

I would find the drive from Orlando after a flight from the UK a bit too much of a bind, particularly as you will be tired. I prefer to end up with the relaxing part of the holiday, but as has been said, to each their own. You can take a couple of days to relax at WL before throwing yourself into the parks, then just chill at Vero before you return home :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter