vero beach question???

amee

Mouseketeer
We are going for our first trip since buying DVC in October!

We are planning the first 5 nights at OKW in a 1BR and the last 3 nights at BCV in a studio(actually waitlisted for one night, but hopeful!).....we are thinking of going to vero beach for one night(friday). Is this worth the trip? What's vero like? Because we live in Sseattle we usually hardly make it out of the world at all.....but would love to see a little bit more this time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We split our vacation last summer into 5 nights at WDW and 5 nights at Vero. The beach was beautiful and except for the loud crowd there that weekend, it was a nice resort. We all wished, however, that we had stayed at WDW. Maybe it was because we were having such a great trip and enjoying ourselves so much at WDW that we weren't ready to leave. Or that in the five previous summers we had spent 1-2 weeks at an East Coast beach and Vero was nice, but not as special as Martha's Vineyard....I'm not sure. But we didn't enjoy Vero as much as we thought we would. We'd go back, but not any time soon. We have too many other vacations to plan.

In general, I think one night would be too much effort. The drive is doable...but it is long. I would save it for another trip when you can spend a couple of days at least.

(BTW - I've been to Seattle twice. My best friend from college lives there and I LOVE IT. I have several prints on my walls from an artist with a at the Marketplace that I picked up last May.)

Personally, I would do 5 nights at OKW and the 3 nights at Vero instead of BCV. Actually, I would do the 5 nights at Vero and the 3 nights at OKW. Come to think of it, I would do all 8 nights at Vero and do Disney on another trip. But that is just me. Vero is my favorite DVC resort and I haven't been there in a while and I miss it.

But I agree. Heading to Vero for one night would be a bit of a hassle, especially if you are having a great time at Disney and don't want to leave (as someone mentioned happened to them in a previous post).

Two nights would give you a good look at Vero. One night is really not quite enough. It would be okay if you want to get a quick look and/or want to see the ocean. If you don't mind 4 hours of driving for a quick trip then it might be worth it to you.

You really need two nights at any hotel to really get a chance to look around and enjoy the facilities.

The drive from WDW to Vero is pretty blah. You can get some scenery by going all the way over to the coast and then down A1A. This will add some time to your trip. The scenery doesn't come into play until you reach the resort.

Vero is a great place, as others have posted, it is a bit of a trip for 1 night. The beach is OK but nothing great. October in Fla is a great time and 2 /3 days at Vero can be wonderful after a busy WDW trip. Try to squeeze in at least 2 days you won't be sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter