Vero Beach -- May

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by TagsMissy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Jun 25, 2008
    Guys I know zip, zilch, nada about Vero Beach but we are contemplating a stay there in 2012... before I even start thinking about it those of you who stay there do you think I'll be able to get an Inn Room or Studio at 7 mos for 4 or 5 nights or will it be a lost cause even trying?

Those of you who have stayed do you prefer an Inn room or a studio? It will just be hubby and myself. My research has been limited so far to be honest so any direction to a good resource website would be great!

2. deej696

deej696 They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime,

May 27, 2007
    We go to Vero every summer for 4-5 nights and always stay in an Ocean View Inn Room. We don't own there, so we are usually booking at 7 months, most of the time only 4-5 months, and we have no problem getting this. In fact, we just returned from a 3 night weekend there last week, and we managed to get an OVIR, albeit via the waitlist. I would certainly prefer the OVIR (also just two of us) because they are guaranteed to be in the main building, which to me is important. I believe there are some studios in the main building, but most are in the outer buildings. The OVIRs have a balcony, some bigger than others, which are perfect for hanging out especially on a rainy day. I can't imagine that landing one in May would be an issue, unless its Memorial Day which I guess might be harder...
  3. Candace

Candace DIS Veteran

Aug 18, 1999
    May is in the Choice season as far as DVC points are concerned, so it shouldn't be too hard to reserve. I prefer the Ocean View Inn room to a Studio, simply because you are guaranteed an ocean view. No view is guaranteed with a studio.
  4. DVC SSR Owner

DVC SSR Owner DIS Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    We stayed in an ovir at the end of may this year that we booked at 7 months and liked it. I haven't stayed in a studio. We wanted to have the ocean view and 2 beds. The resort was 90 percent booked according to the front desk.
  5. DVCconvert

DVCconvert DIS Veteran

Aug 3, 2004