Vero Beach & Groceries

MrsNick

<font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio
Hi, All! Just booked our first ever trip to Vero Beach for this coming up July. Is there a grocery/sundries shop on property, where I can get a few basics (milk, cereal, half n half for coffee, juice, etc.). Don't need anything elaborate since we will only have the mini-fridge and microwave. All the larger villas were booked up, so no kitchen or washer/dryer for us this trip :sad:

Also, are there any special activities in July?

TIA! :sunny:

There is a gift shop that has a fair selection of groceries. Prices are, of course, higher. My suggestion would be to make a stop at the Publix on Route 1 before you cross over to the barrier island. It's on the way if you're travelling south on route 1. Another great spot is Hales Groves (left side of the road on Route 1 as you are heading south from the Publix). Fabulous fresh orange juice!!!

Have a great trip...

You can buy all the basics onsite at the Island Grove Packing store. For more stuff theres a Publix (or something) about 10 minutes South on A1A on the east side of the road.. There are washers and dryers available to all in the Inn building. I'll be there July 2-8 toughing it out in the Beach Cottage.
Last year....there was a fairly elaborate fireworks display at Dodgertown for the 4th.
Watching the sunrise at Vero is a special enough event for me.

VB is awesome....I'm certain you'll love it.

Thanks to you both for the great info. And, you have my sympathy...Time spent in the beach cottage - oh the agony! :sad2:

MrsNick said:
Thanks to you both for the great info. And, you have my sympathy...Time spent in the beach cottage - oh the agony! :sad2:

First time for me in the cottage....I can't wait!!!

Par8hed said:
First time for me in the cottage....I can't wait!!!

Please do post a trip report on how it went. It'll serve as an inspiration to me (maybe one day I'll be able to get in - for now, I'm just hoping to snag a GV at OKW for next January at the 7 month mark. MS told me to call that one in day by day).

ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter