VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

Random Post here about the renovated rooms - Just got back from a week at VB. We were in a newly renovated 1 bedroom villa in building 15 and while the redecorated room was lovely I found that my issue (or complaint) is the lack of shelves for personal items in the bathrooms. There is no longer any storage space for toiletries, etc. we ended up piling our toiletry bags and items on the floor in the corner. :-(
That's disappointing, I've always though old design lacked bathroom shelf & drawer space! We just returned home, and also were in a 1-br but in building 12. I think there are 3 corner shelves - one is taken up by the hair dryer, one with extra toilet paper, which just leaves one shelf.To free up one of the tiny corner shelves, I hung the hair dryer from one of the wall lights!

Is there a good bakery nearby or will Disney make cakes on request? We will be celebrating a birthday during our trip in October!
I know that Publix will make cakes, and they can be ordered online. I have only ordered online from their deli, not bakery, but we buy their baked goods and they've always been tasty. The closest store is just over the bridge on HWY 1 north of Disney.
Make sure you put on your Disney reservation that you're celebrating a birthday - my son turned 19 two weeks ago, and a CM delivered a card with a Disney pin attached (Genie). It was an unexpected and nice surprise!

Has anyone been to a Vero Beach desert party yet? We signed up for August and I was wondering how it was.

That's disappointing, I've always though old design lacked bathroom shelf & drawer space! We just returned home, and also were in a 1-br but in building 12. I think there are 3 corner shelves - one is taken up by the hair dryer, one with extra toilet paper, which just leaves one shelf.To free up one of the tiny corner shelves, I hung the hair dryer from one of the wall lights!
There are still those three tiny corner shelves near the shower. But in the other bathroom area, with the bathtub, there is no shelving at all to use near that vanity sink. I ended up putting my items in the cabinet beneath that sink, though I hate putting things out of sight like that; I'm sure to forget them. I don't know why they didn't just put in a vanity with open shelving instead of that cabinet door. I found that even more annoying than losing the jacuzzi tub.

There are still those three tiny corner shelves near the shower. But in the other bathroom area, with the bathtub, there is no shelving at all to use near that vanity sink. I ended up putting my items in the cabinet beneath that sink, though I hate putting things out of sight like that; I'm sure to forget them. I don't know why they didn't just put in a vanity with open shelving instead of that cabinet door. I found that even more annoying than losing the jacuzzi tub.

The shelf above the sink in the tub room is gone, too? Dumb. We used to pack a "toiletries bag" that has a hook...may need to start carting that with us again!

Loss of the jacuzzi is a biggie for us.

Has anyone been to a Vero Beach desert party yet? We signed up for August and I was wondering how it was.

We were one of two families at the very first Vero Beach Dessert Party held on July 11th. The desserts were very very satisfying. Selection of about 6 or 8 different desserts, I personally tried them all and was not disappointed in any way. The Carrot Cake was over the top, out of this world (guess everything at Vero it "out of the world") decadent and scrumptious! All enjoyed with a great view, and a visit from a couple of characters also! We even ordered some food from the green cabin room menu and it was good too.

There are zero complaints here. Our family loved it, I'd even call it (relative to Disney) a great value!

We will have our first stay at VB Sept 30th-Oct 3rd. Then off to WDW. Two question. We have an Inn Room with ocean view
(is there a room request I should put in) and we will be on the dining plan once we arrive at WDW. Has anyone had luck getting their refillable mug prior to going to WDW. I have seen people posting there mugs were reactivated after leaving?

I know that Publix will make cakes, and they can be ordered online. I have only ordered online from their deli, not bakery, but we buy their baked goods and they've always been tasty. The closest store is just over the bridge on HWY 1 north of Disney.
Make sure you put on your Disney reservation that you're celebrating a birthday - my son turned 19 two weeks ago, and a CM delivered a card with a Disney pin attached (Genie). It was an unexpected and nice surprise!
Publix bakery cakes are the absolute best! You can order online. Very easy!

So we're planning another stay at Vero for next summer. We're hoping to be pregnant with our next child soon (working on it now lol) so that means by next summer we'll have an infant and a 4 year old. We want to hit up WDW first for 4-5 nights and then vero for 4 nights. We usually stay in a studio at all DVC resorts to save points but we're thinking about upgrading to a 1-bedroom while on the Vero leg of our trip. At wdw we'll have the DDP so we don't really make use of a kitchen but at Vero it'll probably be the best for us with such a small baby. Is it worth it or should I just stick with studios? Any suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Also, is the 4th of July holiday difficult to get at Vero at the 7 month mark?

Which Publix is closest to the resort and about how far of a drive is it? Does Publix also sell donuts and cinnamon rolls from the bakery and how are they? We don't have Publix near us and I have never been in one. If they have great bakery items for breakfast and its close we may get bakery items for a few days!

Which Publix is closest to the resort and about how far of a drive is it? Does Publix also sell donuts and cinnamon rolls from the bakery and how are they? We don't have Publix near us and I have never been in one. If they have great bakery items for breakfast and its close we may get bakery items for a few days!

The Indian River location is just over 4 miles away, the address is 9621 US-1, Sebastian, FL 32958. It takes about 7 minutes by car.

Yes, I'm sure they sell donuts, and they are very good! We always get a variety of bakery items from Publix. We don't have Publix up north, and so the only time we shop there is during a WDW or Vero vacation. The only time my daughter eats corn muffins is when we are on vacation in Florida.

I'm not positive I remember cinnamon rolls, though I'm pretty sure they do.

Yes, the one mentioned above is the closest. They have a great bakery. The donuts are very good. I haven't had their cinnamon rolls but their pies are hands down best. Apple pie and key lime pie are our favorites. We're from Miami so publix spoils us. Their deli subs and hot subs are amazing. The chicken tender one and the Cuban pork are so good.

Last edited:
What kind of coffee makers are in the 1 bedrooms? Do the refurbished units have different coffee makers than the older rooms? We are huge coffee drinkers and always bring our own along!

Sorry all..some more questions!!
Do the 1 bedrooms have a pull out chair in the living room (like at Kidani Village)or just the pull out sofa? Are all the suites the same with a King bed? We are a family of 4 and usually stay at Kidani so my kids don't have to sleep together and they trade off one night each in the pull out chair and sofa bed :)
If there is only one bed and one pullout in the 1 bedroom units-we may bring an air mattress-is there ample room or would we be tripping over it all week?
Thanks!

Sorry all..some more questions!!
Do the 1 bedrooms have a pull out chair in the living room (like at Kidani Village)or just the pull out sofa? Are all the suites the same with a King bed? We are a family of 4 and usually stay at Kidani so my kids don't have to sleep together and they trade off one night each in the pull out chair and sofa bed :)
If there is only one bed and one pullout in the 1 bedroom units-we may bring an air mattress-is there ample room or would we be tripping over it all week?
Thanks!
Yep, there is a pull out chair. My DD sleeps on that and DS sleeps on the sofa bed.

Can anyone post a recent activity sheet? Also does anyone know the hours for the evening kids program? Thanks we will be there in august.

Is there any disadvantage to doing a late character breakfast? Saturday will be our arrival day from Orlando so I wanted to book around 10:30. Do you get less character interaction or cold food by booking late? How do I make online reservations? I called yesterday and was told to make our ADR online but I don't see Vero on the Disney dining page and the CM was less than friendly so I hope the rest of the team is a little happier than she was :)

Hey all....

Looking to book for easter week in 2017. Does anyone know if the renovations are expected to be completed by then, Also, what are the current plans for the restaurants - I heard both Sonya's and Shutters are currently closed....and its unclear what will be taking their place. Any intel is greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter