Veranda vs Navagatiors Veranda

TSWJan78

NE DIva
So I have cruised twice both times with a veranda.. My DH has never cruised and is scared to death he is going to get sick so I really we need a veranda for the fresh air. But now I am torn will a Nav Veranda be enough or do we need a "real" veranda? We will also have an almost 2 year old so I feel a little better about the Nav Veranda.. Has anyone traveled in both or have any thoughts?

So I have cruised twice both times with a veranda.. My DH has never cruised and is scared to death he is going to get sick so I really we need a veranda for the fresh air. But now I am torn will a Nav Veranda be enough or do we need a "real" veranda? We will also have an almost 2 year old so I feel a little better about the Nav Veranda.. Has anyone traveled in both or have any thoughts?

I have done a navigators veranda and it was not really much more than a open porthole. I think I would spend the bit more and get a veranda that is open. They do have ones with plexiglass across the bottom to keep it more visually open but more kid safe. I would not let a 2 yr old out on any veranda unsupervised.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...=219029&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

Have him try these... I thought they had a non-drowsy version but I may be wrong. My sister gets motion sick and uses them to great effect.

I had some trouble looking out while the ship was moving. I was thinking it had something to do with being close to the water line. I don't know.....the drapes were closed when I was in the cabin! I followed the advice of some of you and took Bonine during the cruise and it worked fine. The real test will be next year when we have a veranda!:)

Being able to look far out at the horizon rather than the water line will help A LOT. Just don't look down. That get me every time!

Being able to look far out at the horizon rather than the water line will help A LOT. Just don't look down. That get me every time!

DH found looking down was not a good idea - I loved it though and can't wait to get a veranda for the next one :thumbsup2

and we enjoyed our navigator's veranda on the last cruise. We enjoyed being able to sit or stand outside and watch the ocean. You do have to stand to be able to see everything. However, that didn't bother us and then if we wanted to read, we could do that out there also. On this type of cruise, I am not sure I would enjoy a full veranda anymore than I did the navigator's veranda. We went on an Alaskan cruise and because you were cruising so close to land and the icebergs, we had a regular veranda, but you really don't see much scenery on the Bahamian cruises.

Just my thoughts on the matter, everyone will have different views.

Binnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter