Vera Bradley Luggage

Im not 100% sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have one of the large Vera Bradley duffles that I use as carry-on luggage. It has held up very well, but gets dirty very easily.

I've not used the rolling luggage myself, but saw several ladies with it at the airport last weekend and know a few people who have it. I've heard nothing but good things about the structure and durability. However, one lady had hers damaged when she checked it - somehow it got really beat up and had a large rip in the fabric - but that wasn't from a fault in the luggage, just poor handling by the airline.

It's made by Ricardo, which seems to be a reputable brand.

That stuff is EXPENSIVE! I don't think I'd be trusting the airport "gorillas" to be throwing it around (have you ever watched them load a plane from your seat???). It's fine for a car trip where you're in posession of your own items and if you stain or rip the fabric it's on your own head, but I don't think I'd be willing to pass it off... I don't doubt that it would contain your clothes nicely. It's well made. I just don't know that it wouldn't rip/tear/get dirty with the handling I've seen.

I just bought a tic-tac bag which I intend to use for carry on... I love it! (I would be a little apprehensive checking something like this also) I am curious if anyone has washed one of these fabric bags? How did it do? I haven't had a chance to get it dirty yet but I am sure I will eventually. I also got a travel organizer and a cell phone case... so cute I want to bite it!

I have the tic-tac bag too. In the botanica pattern. :) What I found works great with open bags like that is a large cosmetic bag. So I can puthtings in and zip it up and if the whole thing falls out I will see it, if a small item falls out I might miss it. Just a thought. Oh and the zip ID cases are great with lanyards too. I havn't put any of mine in the washing mach. yet, but I have used a damp cloth to get something off of a bag and it works great.

That stuff is EXPENSIVE! I don't think I'd be trusting the airport "gorillas" to be throwing it around (have you ever watched them load a plane from your seat???). It's fine for a car trip where you're in posession of your own items and if you stain or rip the fabric it's on your own head, but I don't think I'd be willing to pass it off... I don't doubt that it would contain your clothes nicely. It's well made. I just don't know that it wouldn't rip/tear/get dirty with the handling I've seen.

Since I'm married to one of those "gorillas" I'd have to agree.

I just bought a tic-tac bag which I intend to use for carry on... I love it! (I would be a little apprehensive checking something like this also) I am curious if anyone has washed one of these fabric bags? How did it do? I haven't had a chance to get it dirty yet but I am sure I will eventually. I also got a travel organizer and a cell phone case... so cute I want to bite it!

I've washed one of my totes. I took out the cardboard base and turned the bag inside out. I only put a small amount of detergent in and washed it on cold/cold on the gentle cycle. I air dried it. The bag came out looking as good as new. Some girls I know will put the bag in a pillowcase when they wash it too or wash it in woolite or similar other more gentle detergent.

I have washed mine plenty of times and they have always come out great! Wash on cold and hang up to air dry, just remember to remove any cardboard first.

Since I'm married to one of those "gorillas" I'd have to agree.

:rolleyes1 I just knew when I said that it would come back to haunt me...

I don't blame them for throwing the bags around-with that much to move in that little time, you do what you have to do! :D:rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. I looked into purchasing a piece of that luggage & I would be really nervous about paying so much for something & then handing it over to someone else! Instead, I will use my plain old not fancy luggage & then I purchased one of those large duffel bags (a retiring piece-25% off!) and a java blue large backpack for carry-ons. I used the backpack in March at DW & it worked great throughout the trip, btw.

I just got the hipster and large duffle bag in the New Hope pattern. I was wondering if anybody has used the large duffle as carry on before on a phone?? It looks so big, but just my luck they would say 'sorry' to big .........and then I would have to check it :scared:

Anybody used it as a carry on?

50 days and counting ..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter