Vera Bradley Bags

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by bonnielovesdisney, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Surfinpiratee

Surfinpiratee DIS Veteran

Aren't they supposed to be released on September 21st in vera Bradley stores as well??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ldoogie

ldoogie Mouseketeer

Everything I have read says the parks and Disney online store only.

4. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

If it is anything like DB it will be at the parks and on line only No VB stores or outlets.

Laura

5. LJONES1102

LJONES1102 Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen information on which stores will carry the VB bags?

6. SuperDan523

SuperDan523 Mouseketeer

As far as I've seen, they will premiere at World of Disney. I'd imagine they would eventually be available at Tren-D and some of the park stores, but not right away.

7. ldoogie

ldoogie Mouseketeer

We are going to DTD the night we arrive(Goofy Candy co is first on our list!), Oct 18, so I will check World of Disney then.

8. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

Does anyone here think that they will sell out on the first day? I will be in WDW on release day, but may not be able to go to DTD until 9/22.

9. ldoogie

ldoogie Mouseketeer

I'm starting to think so bc I read there are several auctions on eBay already. Looks like sellers will be buying them up. You would think Disney would limit them but maybe not. If you go on release day will you post an update? I'm curious to see how it is.

10. Mom2Stitch

Mom2Stitch Mouseketeer

That stinks! We will be there on the 21st, but not able to get to DTD until the next day at the very earliest. I've never wanted a purse worse than I want this hipster or mini!

11. ldoogie

ldoogie Mouseketeer

Look on ebay, all the presales are nuts and irritate me honestly lol

12. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

I would hope there would be a limit.I will be very disappointed if we get there and are completely sold out:sad1:

13. mrssam

mrssam Mouseketeer

Oh this makes me so nervous and sad.

I really hope they set a limit or have plenty of stock ready to go so there will still be some when we get there in mid-October.

14. tefarrel

tefarrel Earning My Ears

Can't we do something about it???

If this many of us know and realize the mess it could be if people can just buy everything, there should be some number/service that we can contact letting them know that people are looking to take advantage.

I'm not even talking about eBay sellers... I'm saying that if there are no limits that it can't prevent someone from buying everything and then selling them out of their trunk in the parking lot.

Only reason I am a little touchy about this is because my mother just went through this at the American Girl warehouse sale... she waited in line and the ebay resellers were first and spent hours in there buying everything they could...

It's just ridiculous

15. tefarrel

tefarrel Earning My Ears

I posted this on an official Disney blog about the bag event - I did it because the author (Steve something) was responding to comments. This is what I posted.

Based on a post from the DisBoards last night, I headed over to eBay and just searched Disney Vera Bradley… I was a little upset to see at least 3 different people already doing pre-sales on auction with a pretty hefty markup, claiming they would be there on that day buying everything up.

Now my mother dealt with this not 2 months ago at an American Girl Doll warehouse sale and she got shut out for 3 hours by the eBay retailers, taking their time and buying everything. It was such a horrible experience and I don’t want to do that again. The people in line that were there for themselves, or god forbid, children stood and waited for hours while a handful of greedy upsellers took their time and shut them all out.

In conversations we have said “well of course Disney will do it better”, but now I’m getting scared… I mean if you are going to allow these retailers to just come in and buy everything in the store, then there is nothing to stop them from going straight out to the parking lot and selling them out of their trunks at whatever markup their heart desires.

Now my question is, were we correct? I mean I am assuming that you haven’t released details of the Sept. 21st event because you are still finalizing plans… if that is the case, then I hope you take this information into consideration.

My post was deleted, never even posted. I'm not sure why - I just tried again, with a much smaller post... we'll see if anything happens

16. podgirl

podgirl Earning My Ears

I sure hope there's a limit too. A friend of mine had a similar experience trying to buy a Starbucks mug with the name of the State he was visiting on it. The store was sold out because the day before one person had come in and bought all 12 of them to sell on Ebay.

17. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

I'll be there Sept 14th-22nd, so plan on getting to DTD early to get in line on Sept 21st. I wonder what time I should arrive. I am not a seller and will be purchasing them for my own use. However, I want several items (the duffel, back pack, mini hipster, wristlet, all in black and the cosmetic bag in pink), so am looking at around $300.00 worth it items. Does anyone know for sure if they are honoring the AP or Disney Visa discounts? I too wish they would have limits of one of each item per customer.

18. AlyssinWonderland

AlyssinWonderland Lost in the Looking Glass

Wow Those bags a beautiful! I really hope they do limit the amounts per customer as well! Good luck to all who are going in early to purchase.

19. Crazie4daMouse

Crazie4daMouse Mouseketeer

Same here!! I want the hipster SO bad! We actually arrive on the 21st and are going early just in hopes that I will be able to get one. Crossing my fingers!

20. Crazie4daMouse

Crazie4daMouse Mouseketeer

So does anyone know exactly where at WOD the bags will be on the 21st? Also, which parking area should we use? We are driving all night and going to try and get a bag before we go to our resort and sleep a few hours...

21. queenofheartsfan

queenofheartsfan Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to see them! :)