Veggie burger question...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by IluvKingLouis, Nov 26, 2013.

1. IluvKingLouis

IluvKingLouis DIS Veteran

Hi :wave2:

I'm not a vegetarian, but prefer to eat very little meat. My husband and daughter love burgers so we often end up at either CS burger joint or a TS that has them prominently featured.

Years ago, WDW used to serve a very tasty Boca Burger that was excellent. On our last trip (about 2 1/2 years ago) they had switched to a bland, dry, black bean type of patty that was awful.

I'm wondering if they've returned to the good one? Or if some places have it while others have the black bean variety. I was happy to see a mock chicken sandwich in America/World Showcase.

We will be returning in January. TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

1) Still black bean at most places.
    2) Dump lots of fixins on it.

4. Dislover1991

Dislover1991 DIS Veteran

SciFi has a really good veggie burger! I believe it had garbanzo beans in it. Not sure what else was in it, but it was the best I've had!

5. DCDisney

DCDisney On my way...

It is still black bean but if you look around a bit there are a few other veggie sandwich options like at Backlot Express in DHS they have a nice grilled veggie sandwich, Columbia Harbor House has a hummus sandwich and vegetarian chili, Be Our Guest has a quiche or a veggie stew plus a roast beef sandwich for your meat lovers, etc etc. We travel with vegan friends and they made it a whole week with none of those veggie burgers ;)

6. KarmaCat

KarmaCat Mouseketeer

Also wanted to recommend the tamarind vegan "beef" (served with veggies and rice) at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. One of the best things I ate all week (including food from TS restaurants)! My husband loved it as well, and he's super-picky. We are still talking about how delicious it was!!!

7. Dislover1991

Dislover1991 DIS Veteran

We tried the veggie sandwich at Wolfgang Puck Express, Studio Catering Co, and Cosmic Rays- all were delicious! Wolfgang's is the best sandwich I've ever had!

8. KarmaCat

KarmaCat Mouseketeer

Oh, and the veggie burger at Pecos Bill's in the MK is also excellent. They have a hot toppings bar with things like freshly sautéed mushrooms that are a super touch!!!

9. Anniefrances

Anniefrances Mouseketeer

If you area able to have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, the quinoa burger with sweet potato fries is out of this world fantastic.

10. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Not to mention...the soups at BOG are vegetarian, too! Yes, even the french onion. :goodvibes