Vegetarian Option at Spirit of Aloha

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by krishouse, Apr 25, 2013.

1. krishouse

krishouse Mouseketeer

Hi there,
    We are family of 5 vegetarians and always consider doing the Spirit of Aloha show and then chicken out.
    Has anyone had recent experiences with this menu? My boys would love the show but I am curious what is served.
    Thank you everyone for your help!
    Kristin

2. everythingALICE

everythingALICE I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I

I went in August of 2011, so it certainly could have changed since then. I was offered a choice of vegetable lasagna, veggie stir-fry (this may have had tofu as well, but I can't remember), and couscous with veggies (again, I think this may have had tofu). I ordered the couscous dish, and I just remember it being really boring, bland, and flavorless. Really the only tasty part of the meal was the salad, but I think they have changed the regular menu for the luau since my visit, so I'm not sure if this is even still offered.

If your heart is set on going, I would recommend calling the dietary line. I left a message requesting a vegetarian meal, and they responded promptly to offer options.

3. krishouse

krishouse Mouseketeer

Thank you so much.
    It might be a good idea to call the dietary line- I will do that for sure. Still on the fence. It might be one of those things we suck up for the sake of the boys. Although I am leaning towards doing a great dinner and something like cirque du soleil as an option.
    thanks again!
    Kristin