1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Vegetarian At Hoop Dee Doo

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by barbiecruiser, May 27, 2014.

1. barbiecruiser

barbiecruiser Mouseketeer

HI Guys!
    So I am a vegetarian (technically pescatarian, eat only seafood). What can I do about the food at Hoop Dee Doo? Has anyone ever had a vegetarian plate made for them? Will they accommodate?
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

4. RatherBeInAK

RatherBeInAK Mouseketeer

I had a question about this that wasn't addressed in that thread. Do I need to note it on our reservation ahead of time if someone will need a vegetarian option? Or just show up and mention it when we check in?

5. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

We tried to mention it ahead but were told to just tell the waiter. We told the waiter and he sent out the chef.

FYI the grilled veggies were amazing :thumbsup2

6. barbiecruiser

barbiecruiser Mouseketeer

So you went recently and this wasn't an issue? The other thread was 2 years old.
    Thanks!

7. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

I was there last month.

8. rhiansmom

rhiansmom DIS Veteran

I've gotten pasta before and also a large baked potato along with grilled veggies. I'd call and have it noted on your reservation. Typically you will get a call the day before to confirm and give you choices.

While you don't need to call there was a person at the table beside me that didn't know they could ask and ordered after they brought it to my table. She had to wait a bit for her order but did get it.

9. magik

magik Mouseketeer

I enjoy the show, and yes, they do accommodate vegetarians (grilled veggies or pasta with marinara), but the food is really underwhelming. I wish it was more of a balanced meal with protein/veggies/carbs than just a plate of veggies or a plate of pasta.

10. Tramp68

Tramp68 DIS Veteran

My understanding is that they will bring you anything from the Trail's End Buffet if you ask for it. I would take a look at what they serve there...