• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegetarian and non-Vegetarian Reviews from a long weekend

LErin26

Mouseketeer
I just got back from a long weekend at Disney, 9th-12th. I am veggie and my parents are not...so here are my reviews and some of their thoughts on what and where we ate. My last trip was in September for 10 days of DDP and the Triathlon. Parents last trip was at least 3-5 years ago.

9th- BOMA: A favorite from my last trip in Septemeber and just had to go back. Let me tell you I enjoyed it even more this time! While my parents had sticker shock (they're cheap, what can I say) they loved it as well. The butternut squash soup is so rich and sweet and delicious. I do not care for their couscous though, too mushy. I like my couscous fluffy. Parents really liked the meats and salmon and the veggie stuff too. Loved the flourless chocolate cake and the peach cobbler. Zebra domes I can take or leave. Only complaint this time was we were seated over 30 minutes past our ADR of 7:30pm. After that it was smooth sailing :cloud9:

10th- Cantina de San Angel: Parents each got a soft taco, nachos, and a Dos XX. I went over to the margarita stand and ordered up a Fiesta Margarita. Yummy all around. Parents said the soft taco was a good snack size for only $3 something.
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe: One school bread please! I missed this on my last trip and wasn't going to let it pass me by this time. It was very good and since the parents don't like coconut it was all mine:) Mom got an apple trifle thing that was ok. Not up to school bread standard though.

Coming up dinner at the Rose and Crown!

10th- Rose and Crown Pub: We had an ADR at 8pm so we could have a view for Illuminations. We were seated immediately out on the patio right in the front! We all started with the potato leek soup which was great and we shared the stewed mushrooms which had great flavor too.
For entrees, my mom and I got the vegetable selection which aside from BOMA, was probably the best vegetarian entree I've eated at the World. The stuffed pepper from 50s Prime Time would be a close second though. With the description of a curry sauce and mustard cream, I thought this could be really good or really bad. It was really good. My dad got the chicken pasty which he ate all of, but said it tasted just like a chicken pot pie. Nothing special there.
For dessert, I got the sticky toffee pudding and dad got the warm apple crumble. Our desserts were served just as Illuminations was starting. They also had very good coffee. Our server was Jenny and she was good, except for clearing plates. When we finished our apps, we had four plates and three bread plates on our table and the server who brought our entrees had no where to put them. Over all an A+ meal.

11th- Stopped in a small bakery next to the villans store (Ithink) in MGM to get a muffin. I scooped up the last chocolate chocolate chip and dad got the blueberry. Standard for a muffin, very moist.
Tusker House: I knew my parents would like the selections at TH so we stopped here for lunch. Both parents got the salmon which they were very impressed by for the price. I got the vegetable sandwich, which from reading reviews I knew wasn't going to be the greatest. It was standard and came with the tiniest cup of grapes.
Frozen Banana: Another treat I didn't get last time! Very good.

We ate dinner off property that night. :sad1:

12th- Kona Cafe: Favorite breakfast from last trip. I think we even had the same waiter. Started with the press pot. My dad thought the coffee tasted like Denny's:confused3 which he likes. I got my old standby of Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes and a cup of fruit instead of the meat side. Mom got the same but with ham and dad got the Ham and Cheese Omlet. Delicious all around. The potatoes that came with the omlet were nicely seasoned. Expensive breakfast, $40, but my favorite. ;)
Tangerine Cafe: My favorite CS in WS. Vegetarian platter for me and a Casa beer for dad and a red wine for mom. Had this lunch last time and it didn't disappoint today. Dad thought the beer was similar to a Molsen and the red wine was very dry.

At this point, I had to make my way to the airport :sad2: Was very happy with all the foods we tried on this short trip. Any questions please ask :)

Thanks for the reviews!

Rose and Crown Pub: For entrees, my mom and I got the vegetable selection which aside from BOMA, was probably the best vegetarian entree I've eated at the World.

I couldn't agree more. We did 10 days on the DDP last summer, and those vegetables in phyllo dough were my absolute favorite. We even cancelled one of our other ADR's to go back here a second time. The only other place we went to twice was Boma!

The stuffed pepper from 50s Prime Time would be a close second though.

I've never been here, but we're planning to go on our next trip, and I was a little concerned about it. But it sounds like your tastes are like mine, so now I'm looking forward to it--thanks again!

Thanks for your reviews! I really appreciate it. I've never eaten at some of the restaurants you've been to--it's always great to have the veggie perspective. :thumbsup2

Nice reviews! I am not a vegetarian, but order veg entrees often in restaurants and I too LOVED the veggie phylo dish at R&C!!!

Next trip I'll have to try Boma :)

Great reviews!! We have a large group with a mix of vegetarians (including me) and non-vegetarians going to WDW soon. I love reading any vegetarian review.

About the stuffed pepper at 50's PTC, can you describe it? Is it the only vegetarian option there? I'm not a big fan of peppers so I was thinking about asking if they could make something else. But I might give it a try if it's really good.

Thanks!!

I went to 50s for lunch and the Pepper was on the menu. It had an almost smokey flavor which I liked. I am sure you could get a veggie burger too though. Have fun :goodvibes

thanks for posting this :-)
my sister in law is vegetarian (we're not) and she will be coming with us on our trip to WDW next jan ... and we want to get some ADR sorted in July for this but didnt really know where to start with looking for places that would suit all of us (we are starting early as with a picky DH, 2 teens and the veggie issue it might take a while! lol ), so its great to know have at least a few starting points :-)

best wishes
angela xx

My DS and I are vegetarians and the rest of my family is not. I appreciate your reviews very much! You have me excited to try the vegetable pastry at R & C. Thanks again!
:thumbsup2

The zebra domes aren't vegetarian; they're made with gelatin, so hooves are an ingerdient.

Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter