Vegas in Dec. - Orleans hotel and other activities

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by ColoradoBuffaloMom, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ColoradoBuffaloMom

ColoradoBuffaloMom <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>My

My DH, DD (21) and DS (19) and I are going to Vegas right before X-Mas for a college basketball tournament. We're staying at the Orleans since that is where the tournament is and we could get a great deal on rooms.

Any comments on the Orleans?

Also we will have basketball games for two of the night but our days are free and I think we have one night free. I was in Vegas many years ago (before DH and my kids) so I need advice on what we should do during the day and ideas for shows at night. My DS (19) really wishes he was 21 and my DD
    (21) is not much of a drinker/gambler (which is a good thing :).)

Thanks in advance

2. skiingfast

skiingfast <font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b

I would suggest you spend your night on Fremont St. It has the light show, live music and some artisans. The show will run from dusk to midnight so if you really want a show you could do both. But Freemont St. will give you plenty of things to enjoy in a small area without incorporating gambling or drinking.

If you want to see a show, consider that the LV offerings run the gammit, and offer us an idea of what you group would find interesting.

3. usnuzuloose

usnuzuloose DIS Veteran

The orleans is an older hotel. I think I would spend any free time with your kids on the strip. There is so much shopping and visit the Stratosphere thrill rides up top they might enjoy, even if not riding or taking a jump off the building at least you can watch. Enjoy your time.

4. creampuff317

creampuff317 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index. DVC Gold

From my impression, Orleans is quite new. The rooms are spacious and the decor is very nice. The housekeeping does a great job at keeping it clean. For two queen bed room, it still has space for a sofa and a desk.... It's one of the larger room hotels.