VB rooms for group of 12 next June

mathed101

Mouseketeer
We are so excited to go to VB next June 15 - 21. We are a group of 12 that consists of my family of 5, DBIL family of 4, DSIL and daughter, and DMIL.

We like to have a 2BR for us. We were going to go for another 2 BR for DBIL & DSIL and their kids and a studio for DMIL (Grandma needs her own room on this trip). But after reading about the views, etc. we, of course, would like to go for the Beach Cottage. ;) However, since there is a slim-to-none chance that we'd get one of the 6 at 7 months out, we would like to configure our group a little differently than the 2-2BR and studio.

How does this sound: My family in a 2BR lock-off (in hopes of getting a top floor ocean view), and 3 OVIR for each of the other "families"?

I'm not familiar with the floor layouts, so I'm not sure we'd be in close proximity to each other given the types of rooms we want. Also, it would be nice to get a 2BR with a view, hence the lock-off, so do I have to request the view or are the lock-offs only on the ocean side and requesting the lock-off should be enough?

Thanks for your help!

We're coming the day after you leave! We're hoping to get a beach house, and 2 OVIR's. I have never heard that getting a 2 bedroom lock off guarantees an OV at VB...so I would definitely list it as a request.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We're coming the day after you leave! We're hoping to get a beach house, and 2 OVIR's. I have never heard that getting a 2 bedroom lock off guarantees an OV at VB...so I would definitely list it as a request.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for your reply Bobbi!! Good Luck on the Beach Cottage!!

I was reading some threads from a search and the poster said that the 2 BDR lock offs on an upper floor have OV and the dedicated have a garden view...Does anyone know about the locations of the 2BDR's? Can you get 2 - 2BDRs on the same floor?

You are correct, getting a 2 bedroom lock-off does not guarantee that you will get an ocean view, BUT a 2 bedroom dedicated guarantees that you will not.

If you think of the villa buildings as 'U's' with the base of the U toward the ocean and each of the three sides having 2 two bedroom villas on all three floors. A total of 18 two bedroom villas. There is one dedicated 2 bedroom villa on the tip (top) of each side of the 'U' on each floor (6 villas). These dedicated units are closer to the parking lot and further from the ocean. The lock offs can be facing the ocean or the first unit facing the north or south. The upper floor would have the most chance of a OV. I would not expect any first floor to have an OV. There is too much vegetation and the BC between the villas and the beach.

Mathed, I would add the ocean view to the request if possible. Hey it doesn't hurt! It might be so common a request that they don't even take it anymore. An upper floor request is also good. Also, you wouldn't need to request a lock-off, it is a reservable room type.

The OVIR and GVIR are all in the Inn building and the villas are in three separate villa buildings. So the inn rooms will be separated from the 2 bedrooms. The whole resort is fairly small so it depends on how close you want to be to the rest of your family. If you go with the OVIR's you might want to give DBIL (family of 4) 2 connecting OVIR's. This might make their 6 night stay a little nicer, not having to go to bed with the kids every night.

Opinion time... I think for that long a trip the 2 two bedrooms might be the way to go. More space for the family and closer together. I haven't stayed in one yet (only OVIRs) so don't take my opinion to seriously.

Sounds like a great trip. Nothing better then hanging together at the beach! :goodvibes

Don't think of ocean view 2-b/r villas as great views. Even with top floor, you've got vegetation, the beach cottages, and the berm, all in between you and the ocean.

Go with the expectation that you won't be able to see the ocean at all, and if you get any kind of partial view, feel lucky.

Thank you for the replies lisareniff and Caskbill!

I'm definitely leaning towards the 2 - 2bdr. We don't really need to have an ocean view (you're expectation advice is something I follow everyday ;) ), but we may need to have the dedicated so everyone can have a "bed".

Is there a map or floorplan of the VB like there is for the other DVC resorts?
I'd love to take a look at one!

Thank you Lisa!

I forgot about that website! It really helps to look at that map. :)

Now, for another question, does the villa building make any difference? Looks like there is one on the left and 2 more on the right of the Inn. Any suggestions for our group? And why? Or doesn't it really matter?

Thanks for the help!

Last year I had a dedicated 2BR in building 15 top floor facing south and the Ocean Views were INCREDIBLE. Now not as nice as the Cottages mind you but as good as any other on the VB property!

One problem....... just don't request for when Im there! ;)

Last year I had a dedicated 2BR in building 15 top floor facing south and the Ocean Views were INCREDIBLE. Now not as nice as the Cottages mind you but as good as any other on the VB property!

Was the dedicated 2BR closest to the parking lot? ...to confirm my discription of their placement (which I think you taught me in the first place!)

Thanks for the info Mahusky!!! So, are you going to divulge the room number? Pretty please!!!

How many 2 BDRs are there on a "wing"? Would we be able to be side by side?

Lisa, are there any floor maps that show room numbers like the other resorts have?

Was the dedicated 2BR closest to the parking lot? ...to confirm my discription of their placement (which I think you taught me in the first place!)

lisareniff.... actually this room faced the land on the south side of the resort that Disney recently sold off. I think the room 5302??

lisareniff.... actually this room faced the land on the south side of the resort that Disney recently sold off. I think the room 5302??

sorry to ask again... would it be the south facing unit that is closer to the road or the ocean?

How many 2 BDRs are there on a "wing"? Would we be able to be side by side?

Yes! Each of the three sides has 2 - two bedroom villas on all three floors. A total of 18 two bedroom villas in each building.

Lisa, are there any floor maps that show room numbers like the other resorts have?

None that I know of. I have one of the Inn's 4th floor but that's all.

Now, for another question, does the villa building make any difference? Looks like there is one on the left and 2 more on the right of the Inn. Any suggestions for our group? And why? Or doesn't it really matter?

I guess it comes down to a) close to the pool or b) not. With kids it might be nice to be close to the pool. Building 14 would put you there. The land to the south was sold by Disney recently and they will be building some condos there at some point. The nice room that Mahusky mentioned (building 15 to the south) might not be so nice when the construction starts. I have no idea when that will happen. Walking around the grounds I thought that the south of building 12 didn't look so good with the entrance to the Inn's underbuilding parking facing it.

sorry to ask again... would it be the south facing unit that is closer to the road or the ocean?

Sorry I did a bad job answering your question.... the dedicated 2 bdr unit in bldg#15 is in fact closer to the road but you have a completely unbsrtucted view of the ocean from both decks and from the Kitchen/Living Room area windows.

I have stay in many dedicated 2br's an this is by far the beat one I have stayed in. My guess there is a similar room on the North end of the resort.

IThe nice room that Mahusky mentioned (building 15 to the south) might not be so nice when the construction starts. I have no idea when that will happen.

This unfortunately is probably a true statement :guilty: ... get this room while the going is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter