VB instead of HH?

igitur

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I booked our Easter spring break vacation. Seven month window and we were hoping for HH since we've never been but of course, not available for the days we wanted. As a backup, I wait listed and went ahead and booked an ocean view Inn room at Vero Beach, as we've never been there either. Good plan? Our kids will be 13 and 14.

Deb

think you might be happier - VB would be a better area during spring break. the weather, you are on the beach already - no walking, biking, or driving to it. and I think it has more to do than HH.

There may be more activities at the resort itself at Vero but Hilton Head has lots more shopping,sightseeing,and restaurants close by than Vero.For spring break i would recomend Vero as it's much further south and should have better weather and much warmer surf.

thanks for the replies! I think the fact that we're driving from Michigan is what has me preferring HH but we've drove to Florida before so I'm sure we'll be happy at VB. I visited VB many years ago and thought it was beautiful town.

We love them both! It is nice at the inn room just to walk downstairs and you are by the pool!

We have had many trips to both of these resorts and while both have their advantages and disadvantages, for spring break I would choose Vero just because of the weather. The resort does have a lot of activities, but the area right around the resort does not have as much as you will find at Hilton Head. Your view from the inn should be just beautiful. Enjoy it!

I agree that VB is probably a better choice for Spring Break. Although we love HH and often choose it over VB for our fall break, I think I'd have to go with VB for the warmer temperatures during the spring time.

This is funny - we had booked HH for Spring break and just made the decision tonight to switch to Vero. We just booked the flights and I'm so glad to see this thread now and know it was the right decision. We've been to HH the past 4 or 5 years and stay for 2 weeks each summer. We love it during the summer but I was wondering whether the kids would have much fun with the weather being cooler. If you're still on the fence I'll be cancelling my studio in HH from March 23-29 tomorrow at 9am.

This is funny - we had booked HH for Spring break and just made the decision tonight to switch to Vero. We just booked the flights and I'm so glad to see this thread now and know it was the right decision. We've been to HH the past 4 or 5 years and stay for 2 weeks each summer. We love it during the summer but I was wondering whether the kids would have much fun with the weather being cooler. If you're still on the fence I'll be cancelling my studio in HH from March 23-29 tomorrow at 9am.

Oh, man...I hope someone else thinks like you....we're waitlisted for a 2BR at HHI on the 30th:lmao:. I called 3 hours too late:headache: and it was full. We have a cash reservation, but that will cost us about $500:faint: vs. only 25 points if the waitlist fills.

To the OP, sorry, can't help you...we've never been to VB and we are going to HHI for Easter/Spring Break. We are also driving down from the "pinky"-side of the mitten:goodvibes. Either way, it's spring break and you'll be on vacation...enjoy:cool1:!

We've done two spring breaks in VB (both in March) and LOVED it. We would go every year if we could. Weather has been great, but it is FL in March, so you can never be certain. If you like HHI, can't imagine you won't have a great trip. Enjoy!

Our neighbors go to VB every year for Spring Break and they LOVE it. They also have older kids. There is a big group of people that seem to go every year and they have a blast. They do crazy things like making a water slide out of tarps from Home Depot. I think you will enjoy it. The weather may not be warm enough to swim in the ocean for Spring Break at HHI.

thanks everyone! I'm feeling now, that we made a good decision to back it up with Vero. We'll have our own car so traveling off property won't be a problem. And I do love Florida! Really appreciate the time you all took to comment!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter