VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going for the first time April 6-8th after a week down in the Keys. We'll have our 3 grandsons 6, 8, & 10 years old! :) My question is about the sea turtles. Will they be nesting then? Does Disney have any activity around the sea turtles - educational, or a "turtle walk"?
Thanks!

Got you on the roll call... sorry it took so long. Typically, nesting occurs between May and October. Still, it is possible. Not likely to have any organized activities yet, though.

We just booked 2 ocean view inn rooms. :) We were using holding points, so we had to wait to book, which made me very nervous! We got what we wanted though. Funny thing is, when we go to wdw I would never stay in 2 hotel rooms with my family. I am not willing to give up my kitchen and washer/dryer. At vero, though, I'll give them up to have that ocean view!! Maybe we just got lucky last time we had ocean view inn rooms, but we were on the front of the building and had a perfect unobstructed ocean view. Can't wait to be on that balcony with a drink in my hand!!

Call them and request ocean "facing" rooms. It is possible to get a room on either end of the Inn that have views, but they are off to the side views.

Just sent an email to add a request for an ocean facing room on the front of the building. Thanks for the tip! Just about a month to go. :)

And we just got an extra night at the resort. Woohoo!!! We were waitlisted and it didn't come through, but through constant checking of the website, I got what we wanted. :) Beachside with a drink in my hand in about 30 days!!!

Hey all! Thanks for all the awesome info on this thread! I have a couple questions....we are in a 2 bedroom villa....our reservation doesn't say dedicated or lock off....we really don't care however we would like an ocean view (even a bit of one) that is close to pool area.....which building should we request? Or even a pool view would be acceptable....

Second question.......my kids are 14 and almost 18 when we are there. My son will go off to college next fall and we were thinking this trip would be a good opportunity to take some family photos. Is there a photographer on site...like photopass....that will take our pics?

Im sure I will think of more ?? as I scout this thread for info. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if there are any lock offs for two bedrooms - we always go with a 1 bedroom or a studio.

For location, building 14 is next to the pool - for a chance at an ocean view, I'd just request upper floor.

Can't help with photographers ... sorry. Hope you have a great trip

Does anyone know if there are pack and plays or cribs available at the resort? When we have stayed non DVC (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club), we have been given a crib. Our DVC stays have all been pack and play. Either is fine, but I do need to be sure one or the other will be available.

One more question...is there Internet service? Is it reliable? Is there a cost for it? Thanks in advance for the information!

Does anyone know if there are pack and plays or cribs available at the resort? When we have stayed non DVC (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club), we have been given a crib. Our DVC stays have all been pack and play. Either is fine, but I do need to be sure one or the other will be available.

I can answer both of your questions:

Yes a pack and Play is provided for every room

Yes Internet is included at no cost (for DVC Members) But it is among the worst for any DVC resort. I was there in October and had to move to the lobby as the room internet was so slow as to be almost impossible to use.

dwelty said:
I can answer both of your questions:

Yes a pack and Play is provided for every room

Yes Internet is included at no cost (for DVC Members) But it is among the worst for any DVC resort. I was there in October and had to move to the lobby as the room internet was so slow as to be almost impossible to use.

Thank you for the information!

I am taking online classes and absolutely have to be able to use the Internet. Doing homework during a beach vacation is not my idea of fun! So when you went into the lobby, was the Internet there better or was it still hit and miss? Is there a Starbucks or McDonald's nearby I could go to use the wireless?

tripletsmama said:
Thank you for the information!

I am taking online classes and absolutely have to be able to use the Internet. Doing homework during a beach vacation is not my idea of fun! So when you went into the lobby, was the Internet there better or was it still hit and miss? Is there a Starbucks or McDonald's nearby I could go to use the wireless?

I'm here now at Vero. Earlier this week we were at BLT and BWV, of the 3 locations VB has had the best/fastest Internet. The wifi only really works in your room and in the lobby. It's been great. A pleasant surprise :)

LadyKay said:
I'm here now at Vero. Earlier this week we were at BLT and BWV, of the 3 locations VB has had the best/fastest Internet. The wifi only really works in your room and in the lobby. It's been great. A pleasant surprise :)

Well that is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for the report, and enjoy the rest of your stay. :)

Wow...I hope it continues for you!

How's the weather?

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get an inn room reservation Thanksgiving weekend at the 7 month mark? We are currently booked at BLT for Sun 12/1-Sat 12/7 and were thinking about trying to go to VB the Friday/Saturday before, 11/28 and 11/29. We could try for another Disney resort, but we wanted to get an idea of how busy VB is over thanksgiving and if it is even worth it to try. TIA!

A question - how long does it take to get from VB to WDW and what route do you take? DW and myself just remembered we have AP's this year. Might do a park day while down at VB in June.

A question - how long does it take to get from VB to WDW and what route do you take? DW and myself just remembered we have AP's this year. Might do a park day while down at VB in June.

It's about a 2 hour drive each way. We got the directions from the disney website. We took a day trip there in October and will be heading back in May for a 2 night stay before returning back to WDW for a week.

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get an inn room reservation Thanksgiving weekend at the 7 month mark? We are currently booked at BLT for Sun 12/1-Sat 12/7 and were thinking about trying to go to VB the Friday/Saturday before, 11/28 and 11/29. We could try for another Disney resort, but we wanted to get an idea of how busy VB is over thanksgiving and if it is even worth it to try. TIA!

We stayed there Thanksgiving week (Thurs-Sun only) this past year and had no problems getting an ocean view inn room at the 7 month mark. We traveled with another couple and they got an ocean view inn room too! Good luck :)

Becky

Thanks Rob!! We will be going to VB for the 8th time from 4/23 - 4/27. This time we will be going with our daughter and her husband and our 9 month old grandson (our first grandchild!!). He will be almost 1 year old by the time we are there. We will also have our son and his girlfriend with us. We love VB especially the Green Cabin room. Staying in 3 Inn rooms....of course we get the ocean view room!!
One of our usual side trips is into town to eat at the Ocean Grill. Love the seafood and the atmosphere. Reservations are taken for groups 6 or more so we will be able to make a reservation this time.
Can't wait for the days to pass!!! :beach:

Thanks Rob!! We will be going to VB for the 8th time from 4/23 - 4/27. This time we will be going with our daughter and her husband and our 9 month old grandson (our first grandchild!!). He will be almost 1 year old by the time we are there. We will also have our son and his girlfriend with us. We love VB especially the Green Cabin room. Staying in 3 Inn rooms....of course we get the ocean view room!!
One of our usual side trips is into town to eat at the Ocean Grill. Love the seafood and the atmosphere. Reservations are taken for groups 6 or more so we will be able to make a reservation this time.
Can't wait for the days to pass!!! :beach:

So happy for you all :) Have a wonderful time! Got you on the roll call. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter