VAT Tax at Stores in DLP

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
Can someone share information or experience with getting VAT tax refund from purchases in DLP stores? I know for France you have to spend 175 euros in the same store in the same day which is high, but I plan on buying at least 1 if not 2 Dooney & Bourke bags which will easily set me over the limit, plus some other DLP souvenirs. Do the stores participate in one of those programs that simplify the VAT process for you (but taking a fee for doing so) or do they just give you the receipt/form to deal with yourself when you get to the airport? I have never done a VAT tax refund anywhere so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can't help you as i dint thinks its open to European customers.

Can't help you as i dint thinks its open to European customers.

It isn't unfortunately :)

OP I'd suggest sending a mail to guest relations and asking them as I've never seen anything about it around the shops.

dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

If you have to do it at CDG be there a long time in advance as queues can be very very long and move very very slowly.

Thanks for the suggestion Carrie. I will email them. If I do have to do it at CDG how many hours ahead of my flight should I get there? My flight is 11:30 am and I was planning to get there at 7:30 am?

Thanks for the suggestion Carrie. I will email them. If I do have to do it at CDG how many hours ahead of my flight should I get there? My flight is 11:30 am and I was planning to get there at 7:30 am?

It all depends on how many items the people in front of you are trying to get detaxed and if the officials want to see them etc etc.

Many people queue up with receipts that aren't valid or have used the items or don't have them to hand that it can really slow things down.

You could also try getting it back on your credit card but this can take several months where at the airport they refund you direct in cash.

For your flight the check in won't start until 8.30 am but at that time you need to start queuing for it as the check in for flights to the US can be slow moving due to all the questions that they ask now plus after you've got all the passport control and hand baggage screening.

Who are you flying with and then you know the Terminal you can already locate where the Detaxe place is

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/...actical-information/currency-purchase-custom/

I received a response to my question from emailing DLP about the VAT tax process. Here is what they said:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting Disneyland Paris.

I kindly inform you that in order for a tax refund to be issued in Disneyland Paris, certain conditions must first be met. Firstly, a total of at least 175.00¬ worth of purchases must be made at the ensemble of our boutiques at the resort and on the same day.

You must also leave the European territory by the final day of the third month following your purchase. The request for a tax refund must be first registered at City Hall in Disneyland® Park, the boutiques of our Hotels or the Disney® Village before leaving Disneyland® Paris. You must then take this form and present yourself to the Global Refund counter at the airport for an immediate refund of taxes paid.

I advise you to visit the City Hall in Disneyland® park upon your next visit for a complete list of procedures and requirements related to the refund of taxes when leaving the European territory.

Yours sincerely,
Lisa

What does she mean by "ensemble of boutiques"- does this mean I can count all my purchases in various Disney stores on the same day toward the 175 euros, or is it 175 euros for each store? I suppose I should take her advice and visit City Hall on the first day to ask before I make my purchases so that I can maximize my refund. Are the cast members at City Hall generally helpful and speak good English enough to answer these questions?

What does she mean by "ensemble of boutiques"- does this mean I can count all my purchases in various Disney stores on the same day toward the 175 euros, or is it 175 euros for each store? I suppose I should take her advice and visit City Hall on the first day to ask before I make my purchases so that I can maximize my refund. Are the cast members at City Hall generally helpful and speak good English enough to answer these questions?

I read that to be that as long as you spend 175Euros in one day across all the shops you would qualify, but probably best to check at City Hall.

I've always found the CMs in City Hall to be very helpful and they speak very good English so you shouldn't have any problems! :thumbsup2

What does she mean by "ensemble of boutiques"- does this mean I can count all my purchases in various Disney stores on the same day toward the 175 euros

This is what it means.

Friends of mine from the US that day did it last year. All expenses from one day counted towards a total of 175 Euro - including hotel store, stores in the Village and restaurant expenses too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter