Vancouver port to airport?

disneydentist

DIS Veteran
We're flying into Seattle and driving a rental up to Vancouver the day before the cruise.

What's our best bet for getting to the airport after the cruise? TA just quoted us $50pp. Seems a bit steep.

Also, any thoughts on the earliest, safe flight time to schedule (Heading back to the East Coast so we want to get moving)?

Thanks

If you don't mind walking a couple of blocks (less than 5 minutes), you can go over to the SkyTrain and take that to YVR. (the ride is probably about 30 minutes, and its very nice) Much cheaper.

If you don't mind walking a couple of blocks (less than 5 minutes), you can go over to the SkyTrain and take that to YVR. (the ride is probably about 30 minutes, and its very nice) Much cheaper.

I agree-you walk out of the cruise terminal about 1/2 block get on the Skytrain and your at the airport in no time.

I agree-you walk out of the cruise terminal about 1/2 block get on the Skytrain and your at the airport in no time.

OP is flying into Seattle precruise and driving to Vancouver. I don't know if that's where they are flying back from, or Vancouver.

If you are flying from Vancouver, you can get a taxi at the port. In 2011, it cost us less than $50 for the three of us. DS and family (total of 4) in a second taxi, same price.

I also recommend getting a taxi after the cruise to get to the Vancouver airport. It was the same price as the four of us on the public transit system and the taxi will pick up right outside of the terminal. There is a long line of them when the ships come in. I wouldn't book anything before noon or 1:00 due to the time required to get through customs both at the cruise terminal and the airport. We also live on the east coast and chose to spend the day in Vancouver, take a taxi to a hotel near the airport and take their free shuttle to the airport the next morning for an early flight home since it would take us all day to get there.

Would love to know which airport hotels have free shuttle. We always seem to have the early flight home......

I would be interested in which taxi service is less than Sky Train for 4 adults. The current Sky Train fare is $4.00 pp from Canada Place to YVR. From YVR to Canada Place there is an additional $5.00 airport charge.

So OP is flying back out of SEATTLE? Not Vancouver?

Looking for info on transfers from Vancouver port to Seattle airport?

The OP hasn't specified that. They did not say they would be renting to get back to Seattle though. I think the person who you quoted was saying that what they posted applied in both directions.

quickcoach.com has a shuttle direct from Canada Place to SEA but their summer schedule won't be posted until mid March.

When I called them, they told me that the shuttle from Canada Place to SEA is an express route...no stops on the way. Since all passengers will have just cleared customs at the port, the bus doesn't have to unload at the border and clear customs again. The bus does have to go thru border customs but not each individual person.

It is a 4 hr trip per their schedule.

I would be interested in which taxi service is less than Sky Train for 4 adults. The current Sky Train fare is $4.00 pp from Canada Place to YVR. From YVR to Canada Place there is an additional $5.00 airport charge.

Plus SkyTrain is fun! The kids loved it... (Caveats: Might not do this in bad weather; and I'd recommend you have wheeled luggage)

we used to live on vancover island and when we fly into vancouver now and get the ferry to the island it is cheaper for us to take a limo at a flat rate, from the airport to the ferry. The taxi was way more. We some times are able to find another famliy and split it with them.

OHH I assumed vancouver airport, this wont help at all

Plus SkyTrain is fun! The kids loved it... (Caveats: Might not do this in bad weather; and I'd recommend you have wheeled luggage)

Two of our larger pieces of luggage lost a wheel on the streets of Vancouver walking from the train to our hotel, which was a few blocks to the Sheratan Wall. We were told that to get direct service we would have had to board a bus from the train station. Bet people would have LOVED to have us blocking the aisle with our luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter