Value rooms at AKV

MaggieMollyMom

Mouseketeer
Any thoughts? are they just a 'bad' view? bad location? is the room itself still the same as a regular 1bd or studio? was thinking of booking one if i can so that i don't have to pay for a couple nights....i'd rather shop with my money!

Any thoughts? are they just a 'bad' view? bad location? is the room itself still the same as a regular 1bd or studio? was thinking of booking one if i can so that i don't have to pay for a couple nights....i'd rather shop with my money!

The are 3 ft. shorter than regular AKV rooms. You can have a savanna view, pool view, or a parking lot view. The breakdown is 40%, 40%, and 20%. The 1 bedrooms do not have a sleeper chair. See this map http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php. The value rooms are on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails.

We've stayed in a value studio twice and were very satisfied. We had a pool view both times. In our opinion values are an excellent use of points. We never felt the room was too small.

I'm a big fan of the value studios at AKV. I once moved from a standard view to a value studio, and didn't find any appreciable difference. The views have always been quite nice, and the one time I got a value studio that viewed the sunset savannah, it was downright awesome, even more enjoyable than the savannah view studio I'd previously had. The only thing that MIGHT be a little problem for light sleepers is that in every value studio I've had, the positions of the bed and the couch are reversed, so that the bed is right next to the window.

136.jpg

If you have a pool view with lots of screaming, splashing, swimmers late at night, this might disturb them-

DSCF1019-1.jpg

That is, unless you're down there enjoying the pool with them!

Thanks for the pics and advice!

I'm a big fan of the value studios at AKV. I once moved from a standard view to a value studio, and didn't find any appreciable difference. The views have always been quite nice, and the one time I got a value studio that viewed the sunset savannah, it was downright awesome, even more enjoyable than the savannah view studio I'd previously had. The only thing that MIGHT be a little problem for light sleepers is that in every value studio I've had, the positions of the bed and the couch are reversed, so that the bed is right next to the window.

136.jpg

If you have a pool view with lots of screaming, splashing, swimmers late at night, this might disturb them-

DSCF1019-1.jpg

That is, unless you're down there enjoying the pool with them!

value rooms are only at AKV-jambo house and there are fewer than 20 overall, so they can be difficult for non-AKV owners to book at 7 months out. it's a good idea to plan well in advance.

keep in mind that the regular 1BRs at AKV-kidani include 2 bathrooms, so that can be a nice benefit if you are looking for a 1BR villa. the studios are pretty much the same except for the size difference.

We are in an AKV Value studio as I type this from my balcony overlooking the pool, thru the trees. We were convinced we'd be staring at the parking lot or cast member "wall" that hides the trash dumpsters. :-) Definitely a "value" use of our points!

I have found the value 1 bedrooms are good for 3 adults, and I've had 4 adults in a value 2 bedroom. I've had pool view about 60% of the time and savannah view 40%. When solo, I love the value studios. Only once was the noise from the pool bothersome, and I've had pool view about 8 times.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I've done value studio twice and both times gotten parking lot view. I won't do value again. I just have bad luck or because we only stay 2 nights they think we don't care about the view?

I've done value studio twice and both times gotten parking lot view. I won't do value again. I just have bad luck or because we only stay 2 nights they think we don't care about the view?

i'd vote "bad luck."

i got savanna view once (2nts) and parking lot view once (5 nts).

regardless of view, it's a great deal points-wise. but if all the value rooms are booked up (and they typically are), then somebody has to wind up with the parking lot view...

have gotten the swimming pool = that is the only thing (so far) that I have gotten with value view.

loved it - think it beats the standard pool view hands down

Hi. I know this thread is a bit older but can you request 'pool view' on your value studio reservation?

Today is the 7 month mark for a january stay & I was able to get 2 value studios, but not a 1 bedroom value! I was surprised because traditionally 1 bedrooms book last! However there are more studios in the category. This is leading up to MLK jr. Weekend so I was very happy to get something value!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Where are the standard villas located? We have a ressie for this weekend for a 2 bedroom lock off and was told they are parking lot view? Is that correct? Thanks

Where are the standard villas located? We have a ressie for this weekend for a 2 bedroom lock off and was told they are parking lot view? Is that correct? Thanks

Take a look at this link...
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

The Value units are the ones on the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. As you will see on the link, the majority have either a pool view or a Sunset Savannah view. There are (2) two bedroom lockoffs that overlook the front entrance court. We have not seen the actual view from these units, but I would be surprised if you would be able to see much of the actual parking lot due to the foliage between the entrance court and the parking lot. There are 10 2 bedroom lockoffs and 8 of them have better views, so your odds are pretty good of getting a pool or savannah view, but there are 2 with the not-so-good view and somebody has to get those.

Hi. I know this thread is a bit older but can you request 'pool view' on your value studio reservation?

You can request a "Dedicated" Studio. There are 8 of them.
4 Pool View and 4 Savanna View. Parking lot views are lock-offs.
Of course no request is a guarantee but it increases your odds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter