Value Resort room amenities

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Herfnerd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Been about 6 years since I last stayed at a Value Resort (AsMov) and we are leaving in 3 days for POP.

I know I can prolly hunt it down, but feeling a bit lazy at the moment, lol - wife wants to know what room amenities to expect - decent hair dryer, fridge, coffee maker, etc??

TIA

2. AKL_Megs

AKL_Megs DIS Veteran

Decent hair dryer, no. Fridge, no, you get more of a "electric cooler". Coffee maker, no.

3. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Basic Hair dryer - if you have thick or curly hair it's not very good. I have fine thin short hair and it works fine. My DD has long thick hair and needs her own hair dryer.

No coffee maker

There is a fridge. Disney calls it a beverage cooler.
    It keeps things cold but I wouldn't put in anything like milk and expect it to be good after a couple of days. No ice maker in it but I did accidently freeze my diet cokes when I had it turned too cold. LOL

Bring some sort of power strip for charging your electronics. There isn't many electrical outlets and that really helps.

If I was going to use the pool again, I'd be bringing my own beach towel.
    The room towels are small at the value resorts. You need to bring a room towel to use at the pool and call housekeeping for more towels to use for showering.

Have a great time!

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

5. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

If you wife wants to *dry* her hair, use the Disney one.

If your wife wants to *style* her hair, bring hers from home. Anything that requires a brush and some dedicated time needs a familiar device.