Value or Deluxe? Pro/Cons besides $$$

That. Is. So. Hilarious.

I think I may have done the same thing to little Rapunzel. She now requests to "go to a hotel" as a treat. Oops!

I really wanted to do value for a one night trip soon....but just couldn't. I like the space, theming, and amenities of the deluxe too much. And mommy is paying. :rotfl:

Rooms are smaller at value too..I may have spoiled my DD with all our deluxe stays because when we did a one nighter last year at ASSp, she said "this is the Walmart of Disney hotels!!!"

We're staying at the AoA resort in October this year in a little mermaid room. I just got around to seeing a diagram of the resort today.....and WOW it looks like a long walk from the LM rooms to the buses, lobby, bigger pool and playgrounds. If I had seen the diagram sooner it might have even swayed me against it and stayed at another hotel,but also my kids just insisted they wanted to stay there. I wonder if I won't be kicking myself when my wife and I are having to carry 2 passed out 6 year olds to our room after a day at the parks....

My experience with value resorts (POP Century specifically), is that they are crowded, noisy, walls are thin, lots and lots of kids, busses are crowded (had to wait for a 2nd bus before), outside corridors, smaller room, and parking is a sometimes hard to find. Doesn't feel as nice as the deluxe rooms. Our room was really plain and blah. This may be different with AoA suites - but the prices for an AoA suite is not the typical value cost room, so I would expect them to step up the accomodations for the price.

My experience with deluxe resorts (stayed at almost all of them), is that they are quieter, the walls are not AS thin, the busses are not as crowded, there are usually table service places to eat in the hotel, the overall theming is usually great, many of them have inside corridors, overall they really feel like a step above "just a room" to me.

I love WL, that was the first place we ever stayed at WDW, it's lovely.

I'm not really sure how AoA compares to a Deluxe. But it sure seems to appeal to kids.

As for good things about AoA, I've heard people say the walls aren't as thin, and sound hasn't been a problem. Also as of right now the resort has its own buses, so no sharing with other value resorts, and if you miss a bus you can take, I think it's pop century's bus and walk across the bridge to AoA. For the kids they play movies outside on a big screen in the evenings.

We have stayed at AoA. For a value it is by far the nicest. The food court was not as crowded as POP and we went at a busy time. The walk to little mermaid rooms is very long. But with a suite you would be fine.

However given the choice I would stay at WL and I think my kids would agree. Maybe you could take them over for lunch and a walk around so that they can see AoA.

Well, me personally, I would consider ASSp the Walmart of Disney too. But I don't put the All Stars on the same caliber as POP and AoA. I have stayed at Both All Stars and POP and IMO there is NO comparison. The room sizes are the same, but the ambiance and service is NOT!!!! :goodvibes (and I'd say Disney must agree with me a little bit...otherwise why would POP & AoA LM be priced higher than the All Stars?? :rotfl2:)

The Pop and AoA are newer so they are higher priced. It is not because they are the Walmart of Disney. I had some of the best service from CMs at the Sports and Music resorts. Don't know why you feel the need to put another resort down in such a fashion in order make the one you prefer seem so much better.

Going by your theory the Wilderness Lodge would be the Walmart of the deluxe resorts. See how that comparison doesn't work so well?

OP--I would stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The location close to MK, the pool area, are 2 very good reasons why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter