• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Value of resale over direct

be careful with other timeshares. we have a friend that has a wyndham timeshare and bought it originally to go to myrtle beach during april break week. he has booked in the past with no problem however this year something changed and that week was blacked out for him. his choices were add on or don't go that week. disney doesn't have blackouts so if you can get a room, you go.
I own Wyndham. That sounds more like an example of Wyndham sales weasel-speak than reality. Wyndham salesmen often tell owners they have to add on in order to get whatever they want. Wyndham's sales personnel are among the sleaziest in the industry, which is really too bad because the resort system is very good.

Wyndham does not have "blackout" periods either. But, like DVC, there are periods during which you have to book early in your home resort window or you won't get in. Generally though, Wyndham resorts are large enough that there is little availability problem unless you are trying to book Daytona for Race Week, New Orleans for Mardi Gras, one of the Washington DC resorts for Cherry Blossom Festival or July 4th, etc.

Specific accommodations in specific resorts at Myrtle Beach can be difficult at certain times, particularly during peak weeks during the summer.

FYI just want to point out that renting your points on this board isn't as easy as it used to be. i rented my points in 2010 with no issues but when i tried to post a rental a couple of weeks ago, my post was declined because you need to have 50 posts spread evenly over 6 months. i had only 8 according to their search engine. now i have points that i wanted to transfer rather than bank but i can't unless i pay a $25 membership fee or have the required posts.
That's only true on the DIS Rent/Trade board. There are many other venues for renting if you don't want to pay the $25 fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter