Valet Parking?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by texstout, Apr 17, 2013.

1. texstout

texstout Earning My Ears

Hi - Does anyone ever use valet parking at one of the resorts - instead of parking at the actual parks? Per allears, WDW charges $15 a car for allday parking (plus tip) at any of the resorts and you do not have to be a park guest. (We are staying offsite). (Its also a bit confusing, since a WDW website mentioned that Beach Club valet was $12 a day).

For example - next Tuesday we are going to DHS and then having dinner at the Beach Club at Cape May.

I thought about using the valet parking in the morning (to make rope drop) at the Beach Club and then taking WDW transportation to DHS and then the ferry back at night in order to meet friends for dinner.

We will have two separate cars (one with handicap parking) and my parents (gparents) will be very tired (bad knees) by the end of day...that and our two small children made me think the extra cost and the time in the AM will be made up by nighttime convenience.

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

People do it. That $12 is outdated, it's $15 right now. That doesn't include the tip.

4. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Yes, we know many people that have done it. It's a good way to ensure your car is at the resort where you will be having dinner. You will appreciate the ease at the end of a long day of being in the parks. :)

Valet is $15.

5. Michigan

Michigan Mom of the Rolling Crew

Valet is always free with a handicap pass at all Disney hotels and downtown.

6. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

But don't forget to tip! :)

7. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Tip dropping off and picking up both? and how much? Thanks!

8. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Where do you drop the car off at DTD for valet parking? I didn't know they even had it down there.:confused3 It seems like you can never find a handicap parking space at DTD, so we'd definitely valet park there.

9. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

the day of our arrival we used valet. $15 plus tip We couldn't check in until 3pm & we got in at 11am. We went straight to MK LOL We parked at Yacht Club since we had dinner reservations there & after dinner checked in at bonnetcreek :)

10. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Many times you will pull up to the guard shack at the deluxe resort and there will be a sign that says that they cannot provide theme park parking. In that case, you should park at the theme park and not at the resort unless you are a guest staying at that resort.

11. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

That doesn't include if you are dining at the resort and then going into the park when you valet. If you only park your car in the general car park, you only have 3 hours to park at the resort.

12. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

In March 2012 we snuck in a 4 day WDW vacation while touring Fla and Ga. and we stayed off site. We're hooked on BoardWalk, we'll be there for the 5th time this Oct, so to pretend we were staying there on the off-site stay we drove to BW early morning and did the valet thing. From there we'd catch a Disney park bus as though BW was our resort. After a break back at the motel, we'd return to BW, the fee pays for parking up to midnight, and resume our park touring.

Bill From PA

13. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

The standard is to just tip when you are picking up your car (not dropping it off), and to tip $1. But it never hurts to be more generous!

14. Gracie09

Gracie09 DIS Veteran

I think the standard depends on where you live. I'm a New Yorker and we top for everything. So I would tip at drop off and pick up, probably 2-3 maybe more depending on what I had in my wallet.