Valentines day

Honestly...nothing.We don't make a big deal out of it, we never did.I make a nice dinner and we have some wine..that is it.

We normally do not make a big deal out of it either. I was just curious as to what others did on the day............now I don't feel bad about us not doing anything special.

I am getting him a fancy coffee maker and he is buying me a lens for my camera

It happens to be my DH birthday. So we don't celebrate it at all. Sometimes we do it the day before because our DDs like it.

Sometimes we go out to dinner without the kids on a different day when it's less busy. Sometimes I make his favorite cookies. Nothing special.

I usually give him a box of Fun Dip Valentines and then we do something nice for dinner. I think this year will be about the same, in years past I've had something delivered to him at work (last year was cookies, before that flowers, chocolates etc) but with money so tight this month and next (2 quick Disneyland trips planned) we will skip it. He will be more than happy with his Fun Dip and a nice dinner. I'll get something small for the girls too, a small box of chocolates or something similar.

We usually go out to dinner w/out kids on a different night, to avoid crowds. Also, he always sent me a dozen roses at work but this year I'm a SAHM. :) We usually exchange small gifts too......this year will be very different though. We leave Disney ON Valentines Day so it'll actually be a sad day and I'm sure a stressful one since we'll have a 10 hr drive with the kids. :sad2:

Our week at Disney is our Valentine gift to each other I guess and all the nice meals we'll have while we're there will be great too! :thumbsup2

Last year I made a nice supper, and gave him candy and a DVD he wanted.

I've started thinking about what to do this year and haven't come up with any ideas yet.

I told my DH he can give me a Disney Gift card that I can spend on my solo trip to Disney but I doubt he'll do that. Oh well.

We usually avoid going to dinner on Valentines night too. But we celebrate the night before or after, when we can get a sitter.He usually gets me something small & he always requests that I make chocolate covered strawberries at home later for us for dessert as his gift. :thumbsup2

I'll give him a box of his favorite Girl Scout cookies and we will go out and have a romantic meal (the day after Valentine's). :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter