Vacumn Cleaner Advice For Ceramic and Brick Floors

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by DVC Sadie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. DVC Sadie

DVC Sadie <font color=royalblue>Those mashed taters are soun

I need to purchase a new vacumn cleaner which would do a great job on uneven ceramic tile floors and inlaid brick flooring. Any suggestions? TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snappy

snappy Survivor

I can give only negative advice, don't get the ORECK upright. Some of our kitchen tiles are uneven, and a piece on the bottom on my ORECK kept coming off and had to be replaced.

I have been using my mom's ORECK cannister and it is fine. I just don't care for cannister's.

I need another vacuum too. I was thinking of the Dyson but I prefer to throw my dirt away in a bag.

Anyone else know of a good vacuum for uneven floors?

4. rockyroad

rockyroad DIS Veteran

I keep a smallish shop vac for use in the house in addition to an upright for carpet.

Then, I am ready if there is a spill or an overflow, I'm ready.

5. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

I would for sure go with a canister vac that has a nice attachment for floors like that. We have a kenmore and I love it, we have ceramic tile in the basement and it does a great job either with the regular attachment or even better with the one suited for the job (comes with the vacuum).

Before the kenmore I have always owned an electolux canister (well my parents) and love those too. They just aren't quite what they used to be, although neither is the price.

6. DVC Sadie

DVC Sadie <font color=royalblue>Those mashed taters are soun

Thanks you all for the feedback!

I have a Kenmore canister that has seen better days so I just may replace it with another one. The only downside is that it is so heavy that I will need my dh to move it up and down the stairs once a week to vacumn the carpets up there. I do my kitchen and living areas daily.

7. DaisyLynn

DaisyLynn DIS Veteran

We also have a shopvac that we use on our stone tile in kitchen and entryway. Works GREAT! :thumbsup2 Our house is in the middle of a remodel and it's necessary for us right now.

We also have an upright, but I can't for the life of me remember the brand (DBF picked it up). It works OK on the tile in a pinch, but not near as good and QUICK as the shopvac. :thumbsup2