Vacations To Go Site?

I booked with them years ago. I love the web site as a way to find cheap cruises, but the prices they list are exactly what is available thru the DCL web site or any other site. In addition, they do not list the full price including all taxes and government fees; there is always an additional something to be added to their listed prices.

They were nothing special as a TA. In fact, they used a cut rate delivery service to deliver my documents (this was in the old days when we needed the document book), and it was left on my porch out in the open...where a neighborhood dog tore it up! There was NO reason that the documents couldn't have been placed between the doors except that someone was too lazy to open the screen door! I got ugly an insisted that since the documents had never been delivered to me intact, that the TA was responsible for the reprinting. If they had used a better carrier, I would have been required to sign for them, or at least they would have been placed in a secure spot.

They don't give an onboard credit or any sort of "thank you" gift.

Bottom line...lovely web site, but there are much better TAs out there!

I had a very positive experience with "Vacations To Go". Including re-booking a complicated cruise reservation when the fares dropped.

Thanks guys! I didn't realize the pricing was the same on the disney website. This will be a great tool to locate discounted cruise dates!

they were just fine a few years ago.l They gave me great service, responded to questions promptly etc. In addition, regardless of no OBC, they certainly have the best website i have seen for cruises and tours. It certainly is right up front and crystal clear. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I am sick to death of cruise lines that require a page of typed input and then they will contact you when convenient. At least with VTG I have a fighting chance of knowing what I would be paying and I won't have to waste their time nor mine if I chose to proceed.

I've used them for several cruises. I have my own TA who actually treats me like a person and answers the phone immediately when I call with questions! I really do not like companies who will not talk to me but only will communicate through email.

Vacations to Go will research for lower fares, too. I like their onboard credit, but that small amount in the big picture isn't what makes the difference. And their site is very easy to surf for discounts, especially on upcoming cruises. They also list DCL discounts for various groups, such as military.

I read another post that their prices are the same as DCL, but for example right now for the 1/21 cruise they have a Cat 7 at $699 pp plus taxes, and the DCL site says $769pp. Both quotes need taxes/fees added, but they are the same.

I may be missing something, and I suspect other agencies have similar discounts, I'm just saying we have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I have used them twice, when I saw a good rate and had to be on the road - I just called and the booked. They were very nice. The only problems I have with them is that I have called on a few rates and it is not available when I call and they try to sell me on another cruise line. The last agent I talked to told me he wanted to be my personal agent - I told him to call me if he sees 299 rates or kids free - he said he would and I never heard from him. I booked my next two cruises with the special rate AND the kids sale free. But I do love the site and will use them again - they are very customer service oriented when you talk to them.

I understand Dreams Unlimited are very responsive, however communication is through e-mail - I would use them all the time but I prefer voice communications.

I used them when we first started cruising. I found they looked like the least expensive, but they don't show all the fees on their on line site. Then I learned about cruisecompete, and those TA's that bid really do seem to give the most. I like bestpricecruises as well. I used dreams for my upcoming Disney cruise, because they offered the most obc (the actual cruise was the same everywhere). I haven't been sorry..the service has been excellent.

They are a real brick-and-mortar Travel Agency, I *believe* out of Houston. You get assigned a real, personal TA, who I found to be very responsive (returned phone calls within hours if he didn't actually answer). Their website is really easy to use, especially if you're looking to book something non-specific, and want to browse what's available at a certain time, for a certain length or to a certain place. Before the cruiselines stopped letting TA's discount cruises, they had some of the best prices around. I highly recommend them.

Sayhello

I booked my upcoming cruise with VacationsToGo and I did, in fact, get a $25 onboard credit, for what that's worth.

They are a real brick-and-mortar Travel Agency, I *believe* out of Houston. Sayhello

They are indeed out of Houston. While they have a big office here, I don't know that they have a "walk-in" travel agency. They are strictly web and phone based. I know several people who work for them. Although I have never used them (I've only taken one cruise) I've heard good things from friends who have. What I like about them is that you call and talk to a real person. :) I hate TA's who will only communicate through e-mail.

HTH!

I used them for my first cruise- not on Disney. It was a good price, BUT they didn't include the taxes, etc so I was a little surprised. And I had trouble getting the agent to call me back when the cruiseline added an OBC for my sailing that I qualified for, at least on the cruiseline website. Never did get that OBC as the agent never called back, or said she would "look into it"via email. By this point it was after my paid in full date. The cruiseline said I qualified, but since I booked through a TA they had to request it.

Needless to say, I have never booked through VTG again. :sad2: I did get a gift in the cabin- a coupon for a free 5x7 photo, which I appreciated.

Dreams has gotten my last 2 sailings and is my TA for the next 2 as well! And you can indeed talk to your DU agent- my MIL talked to ours before our last cruise, who was very helpful navigating a last minute disability. :thumbsup2

We used them for our recent QM2 cruise and just booked a Carnival cruise with them for next year. Like others have said, it's nice speaking to a live person. Our agent is responsive and prompt, and unlike another agent we have used for a past Disney Cruise (nobody mentioned previously in this thread), the communication is great.

I used them to book my Disney Cruise. Their prices are pretty much the same as other sites. I also like the fact that I could talk to an agent. She was very knowledgable and answered all questions that I had. We also got a $150 OBC, so they do offer them when offered by the cruise line.

My mother uses them for cruises and she is taking our family on our first Disney Cruise in Sept and used them to book (after I price checked with other agencies). They came in at or slightly under other agencies. They all seem to get about the same prices if they know what they are doing.

Micky

We used them for Disney. They were excellent to deal with, and we got onboard credit as well. I would use them again.

I just checked a Princess cruise that I'm interested in, and Vacations to Go's price was the same as booking directly with Princess. For Princess cruises, I would book with a discounter like Best Price Cruises or Cruise Quick (e-mail only). Both have cancellation and change fees, so you need to be pretty sure of what you want before paying a deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter