Vacation Rental Houses & pools/kids

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
So I've been reading some posts about vacation house rentals and I must say they look fantastic! But I'm wondering about the house pool and kids. For those of you who have stayed in a vacation rental home with a private pool, how secure was the pool area? I'd be worried that our kids could wake up in the early morning or middle of the night and try to go swimming without our knowledge. Just wondered if anyone else was concerned about this with your kids and if your rental house had kid-proof security for the pool. Thanks!

The homes in Windsor Hills have both an alarm on the doors leading to the pool and a safety fence around the pool. Some of the homes in other subdivisions may have both but they have to have at least one, usually the fence. If the latch on the fence is working properly it is impossible for a child to unfasten. It's very hard for some adults to unfasten. :)
We've been with my grandkids and although the alarm is annoying because you forget to press the button sometimes I'm glad it's there. It's up high and you need both hands on some of them.
Even though these devices were there we were super aware of where the kids were at all times, probably a little paranoid about it.

I believe that it's a law that the homes must have an alarm on the doors leading to the pool area plus a safety fence around the pool. We rented a pool home in Formosa Gardens and it had both. I would confirm with the home owner that it has both before you make a reservation.

The ones we have stayed at all had the extra safety fence that you could put up and had a hook to latch it........it was great when our kids were little so we could still have the patio doors open and go in and outside to eat etc but they could not get to the pool.......some homes had the alarms on all doors that led to the pool too. The patio doors also have all had bars and locks that when our kids were young there was no way they could have opened them......same with the deadbolts on all the other exterior doors.

Depending in when the home was built it either has to have all exits to the pool area alarmed or a fence .The alarm should be hard wired so it can't be shut off and be around 80 dec I believe.There should be no way anyone can exit onto the pool area without anyone knowing the alarm has gone off.Where I stay even the windows onto the pool area have alarms on them.

We've stayed in pool homes in both Windsor Palms and Emerald Island, and both had the same system for pool alarms. Any pool access door was alarmed with a REALLY LOUD, ANNOYING alarm. No question if someone was going in/out the door!

ANd both homes had pool fences.

I am a paranoid mom most of the time, but I never worried about the kids getting into the pool - very safe!

I've stayed in homes both with and without the alarms but all had pool fences. The ones without alarms had extra locks on doors leading to the pool that a child could not reach.

Thank you everyone for the information! That makes me feel more comfortable about pursuing a house rental for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter