Vacation Package and Room Only Discounts

shana398

Mouseketeer
I have a vacation package purchased for myself, DH and DS2 from Nov. 30 to Dec. 1 this year at POFQ. It looks like we have missed free dining dates. My question is, if a room only discount comes out, does this mean I can apply it to our package? Or would I have to cancel our package and re-book room-only. Also, I have read the POFQ usually has very low discount offers. If that is true, we are willing to change resorts, but we will just have to wait and see. Will I be able to make all of these changes easily if need be and still keep our dining reservations?

I have a vacation package purchased for myself, DH and DS2 from Nov. 30 to Dec. 1 this year at POFQ. It looks like we have missed free dining dates. My question is, if a room only discount comes out, does this mean I can apply it to our package? Or would I have to cancel our package and re-book room-only. Also, I have read the POFQ usually has very low discount offers. If that is true, we are willing to change resorts, but we will just have to wait and see. Will I be able to make all of these changes easily if need be and still keep our dining reservations?

Yes, if a RO discount comes out for your dates, you can have it applied to your existing reservation as long as what you have booked is available under the promo. The discount will apply to the room portion only, but can be applied even though you have a package booked. If you do decide to change resorts to take advantage of a discount, that could be done as well without cancelling/rebooking (again, pending availability). Your dining reservations will not be effected as ADRs have nothing to do with a resort reservation :).

Thank you for the information! Does anyone know what the typical room discount rates are for the different resorts? We are also interested in PORS, WL, CR and POLY.

Last time we stayed with a RO discount, it was 5% off at POFQ so we opted for another resort. Typically, Poly and CR have a lower discount % than the other deluxe resorts. Maybe someone else could shed some light on the reason why.

Last time we stayed with a RO discount, it was 5% off at POFQ so we opted for another resort. Typically, Poly and CR have a lower discount % than the other deluxe resorts. Maybe someone else could shed some light on the reason why.

It's just based off of need to fill. I noticed this year they had smaller discounts depending on the type of room. Savannah views at AKL were less of a discount than standards. I hadn't noticed that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter