Vacation homes?? Opinions??

mom2smjn

Disneynut who married Disneyfreak and had Disneyki
Hi
I am looking for a cheaper and more comfortable way to stay with 6-8 people. I thought in the long run a house might be the way to go. But I have zero experience and wondered if anyone here has stayed in a home and what they thought and the cost( early Dec trip)

TIA

Go for it!!
We've done it 4 or 5 times and loved every minute of it. All the houses we rented were in Lindfields on 192 West. We've had 3 and 4 bedroom houses. They are spacious, spotless and a great place to relax after a long day in the parks. They have private in-ground, heated, screened-in pools. They have washer and dryer, multiple tv's, some have vcr's or video game systems. The kitchens are fully equipped with cookware and utensils and dishes and glasses.

You won't regret the decision. If you search on the boards, you'll find many similar opinions.

Steve

We have been staying in vacation homes since 1998 when our girls were 13 and 11. One hotel room was no longer really an option, and the cost for two rooms was totally prohibitive.

These days, the fact that a home is cheaper is just a bonus. We're able to travel light, as we do a daily wash, and we go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. We have our own screened pool (and the last four homes have also had separately heatable jacuzzis). The standard of accommodation (at least of those we've stayed) is comparable with a top class hotel. We can be on WDW property in minutes - some of the homes are closer to AK and AKL than some properties on Disney - so an afternoon break is an option. We love eating out, but we find we get jaded if we have to do it every meal. This way we don't have to.

Early December is low season, so you should get some reasonable rates. Like everything, though, you get what you pay for. You will pay more for the newest homes, on the newest communities, with the top furnishings and all the latest features (such as jacuzzis and more than one master suite). These things are all important to me and I would expect to pay in the region of $1000 a week for early December. However, if you want a more basic home on an established development, $500 a week isn't out of the question. Booking directly with the owner will be cheaper than booking through an agent or Management Company, but you need to weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision which sits right for you.

To get an idea of what's out there, FRbVO has an excellent selection. You would be booking directly with the owners.

I have got hundreds of links for individual villas, other sites where owners list their properties, and for agents and MCs. Try keyword searches such as Kissimmee+villa, Orlando+villa, Disney+villa, etc.

Each time we stay I get more familiar with what's on offer and the locations of the various communites. If you have any specific questions, please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter