I'm having a little vacation dilemma and driving DH nuts right now, so I wanted to see what others would do. We have BCV 2 bedroom booked for the first week of Aug. Dining done, ME set up, flights booked, itinerary set, everything. DD8 is trying out for a traveling soccer club in June. IF she makes it (no guarantee) they have a 1 week mandatory training camp. Want to guess when it is? Yup, first week of Aug. I haven't talked to coaches cuz not sure who would be coaching her team and again, not sure if she'll make it even. I did call the office, and they said there are people that miss, its not like she'd be booted off the team or anything. BUT, she'd be new to it, and all these other girls would have the extra training she wouldn't get. So technically, she could miss it if we had to. So, I've been calling daily trying to move up our vacation by a week. Of course there is no 2 bedroom available, but we set up a wait list. I highly doubt it will become available. We want to stay in the BC area because our whole itinerary/dining, etc was based on that. This would be our first visit to the BCV and were really looking forward to it. We don't need the extra space (theres only 4 of us) but we LOVE the extra space. The other option I thought of was to do a split stay and do 5 nights at YC standard room with points and then 3 nights at the 2 bdrm BCV (due to weekends, it overlaps and this would work). But I really don't know if I want to do a regular hotel room when we were looking forward to the 2 bedroom. On top of all that, we didn't do Southwest this time, and would have to pay $150/ticket to change flights. I thought of waiting to see if she makes the team, but thats not til mid June, and the trip would be a month away and I wouldn't be able to change dining, or probably get a hotel. I'm so torn. On one hand I think, she's 8 its one week of training, no big deal, our vacation was already set. On the other hand, everyone around here is SO competative and I dont want her starting out at a disadvantage. UGH. I could just wait out the waitlist and if it comes thru, change, otherwise not. I don't know. Any advice? Opinions? What would you do?