Using Visa Disney credit card for DVC

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Bertie131, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

I am told by TSS that you can't use a cc for DVC purchase. TSS did say you can get a check from Chase Visa and pay that way, but when I called Chase they said you don't get the reward points for a check. Anyone know any way around this? Would love reward points. TIA!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

A direct purchase (or add-on) from DVC using the Chase Disney Rewards Visa Card would qualify for 0% interest for 6 months.

4. gatorgirl02

gatorgirl02 Mouseketeer

I went through Fidelity, and was allowed to put my deposit on credit card, and then get my cc rewards that way. I did still have to pay the balance via check though.

5. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

The different title companies have different policies regarding this. First American title let me charge the $1,000 deposit and $2,000 of my remaining balance to my Disney Visa. But my title agent said they were trying to get away from allowing this because of the 3% fee the credit card company charges them.

6. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

True. We've done this twice for at least the down payment, $5000 each time. We did take the 6 months to pay them off both times and got the rewards. Used it for $1000 down on a resale and got those rewards but NOT the 6 months interest free. Got the 1% not the 2% though.

7. disney_bob

disney_bob Mouseketeer

I don't quite know what TSS stands for (timeshare store?), but we paid outright for our 145 points through Disney and were allowed to pay it off in chunks over around 2 months using our disney visa. We received quite a few disney rewards dollars back :)

8. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

TSS stands for the Timeshare Store. They are a resaler of DVC and are the sponser at the top of this page.