Using Uber in florida?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
Dh and I are staying on site at universal for a week at the end of September. We won't have a car and weren't planning on visiting Disney on this trip but are toying with the Idea of attending mnsshp or going to Disney springs and getting there using Uber. We've never even used Uber in this country and I was just wondering if anyone has got any reviews on using it in florida and how easy it is to do?

Super easy, download the app and put in the address. We used uber to get to and from Disney property to universal with no issues!

That's good to hear. Do you link it up to a PayPal account? My other concern about it is whether it's easy to find your Uber in the chaos of people leaving the ttc at magic Kingdom or Disney springs?

we're at Disney at the minute and used Lyft yesterday as we had problems with UBER, so I would download both apps. With Lyft & I think UBER is very similar, you see where the car is on the map and your shown a photo of the driver, there name and the colour and type of car they are driving. It was really easy to use, the three cars we've been in so far have been spotless and the drivers really nice, the ones we used drive for UBER & Lyft so I don't think it matters which you use. I've set it up with paypal which is really easy and there is no charge for converting from dollars to pounds.

That's brilliant thanks. It definitely seems like I'll be able to get my Disney Fix on this trip one way or another :goodvibes

Also when you sign up, there will be an "Offer" tab on the UBER app for $20 off your first ride. When we went to Discovery Cove, the trip there from our Villa was free as it came to $19. We didn't even have to tip as we offered but he declined so definitely check for the offer and promotions offers on the app :)

Also when you sign up, there will be an "Offer" tab on the UBER app for $20 off your first ride. When we went to Discovery Cove, the trip there from our Villa was free as it came to $19. We didn't even have to tip as we offered but he declined so definitely check for the offer and promotions offers on the app :)
Brilliant! I'm running out of reasons to not go to the Halloween party!

So easy!! We used Uber when we were in WDW in November and Lyft on our recent trip to DLR. Both were super easy to use! One nice thing with Lyft is it gives you the option to tip within the app so we didn't have to worry about a cash tip. Uber didn't offer that in November but maybe that's changed? You will get first time user discounts with both as well.

So easy!! We used Uber when we were in WDW in November and Lyft on our recent trip to DLR. Both were super easy to use! One nice thing with Lyft is it gives you the option to tip within the app so we didn't have to worry about a cash tip. Uber didn't offer that in November but maybe that's changed? You will get first time user discounts with both as well.
By the look if it lyft are doing a first ride free and Uber have an offer on so we could use one to get to mk and one to get back to uo and take advantage of both offers

By the look if it lyft are doing a first ride free and Uber have an offer on so we could use one to get to mk and one to get back to uo and take advantage of both offers
You sure can! My Lyft promo wasn't as good as the Uber one though. I only got $5 off my first 10 rides, whereas Uber's promo worked out to a free ride.

Super quick and easy. We used Uber during our trip last week to shop at Publix for water and snacks. No problems at all!

I've bitten the bullet mnsshp tickets booked. Dh will kill me :rotfl:

He'll forgive you when you get to the party. We were there on Friday night for the first party of the season and it was fantastic, as always. More crowded than usual, but we had a great time!

Regarding the Uber question, have a look at Lyft as well. Sometimes they come out a bit cheaper than Uber.

I've just told dh and he's trying to act all cool about it but he can't stop grinning!!

Apparently none have sold out yet this year, due to there being more parties than previous years.

A general attendance delice can also be the problem. Easywdw has reported much lower crowds than last year for all the summer. Disney may have reached the tipping point of how much people are willing to pay. It's not just tickets and hotels (I own DVC), I'm looking at prices of quick service restaurants and that's crazy.

Going back to topic, do you know how much is ie from the Poly to Cabana bay with Uber or Lyft?

A general attendance delice can also be the problem. Easywdw has reported much lower crowds than last year for all the summer. Disney may have reached the tipping point of how much people are willing to pay. It's not just tickets and hotels (I own DVC), I'm looking at prices of quick service restaurants and that's crazy.

Going back to topic, do you know how much is ie from the Poly to Cabana bay with Uber or Lyft?

The thing is with the food prices, QS food is no more expensive than at a sports game, or concert, or getting food in tourist areas in London. I paid £3 for 4 strawberries dipped in chocolate in Thorpe Park a few weeks ago. It's not crazy prices in comparison in my opinion.

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/ << This gives a good estimate on your journey :)

Im a newbie too and haven't got a clue when it comes to uber. Do u download the app in the uk before heading out? Where do u find discount codes ? We r not going till April .

Im a newbie too and haven't got a clue when it comes to uber. Do u download the app in the uk before heading out? Where do u find discount codes ? We r not going till April .
I joined this week on the advice of these boards. Download the app and link either your PayPal or credit card to it. On that page there is a button saying something like "promo code". My friend who was already on uber sent me a £10 off first ride code so if you have any friends on uber ask them to send you one... If you're desperate then message me and I can send you one. Enter it in that box and it credits you the tenner! I'm trying it in three weeks so hopefully it will work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter