Using TS credit on lunch

ewhite15

Earning My Ears
Just booked our next trip for 11/7-12. Since its pretty close there's not much to choose from for dinner reservations. Could we use our TS credits for lunch? Or are we just wasting money? I know lunch is cheaper than dinner at most places. We'll be using our snack credits at food and wine so that'll maximize those credits. But still don't know about lunch and dinner. Help!

Yes, you can use your TS credit for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner at any table service restaurant offering the desired meal.

Lunch isn't always cheaper any more, as many restaurants are now offering one menu for lunch and dinner.

Would I be better off paying out of pocket? I don't want to give my money away.

If you paid out of pocket for lunch, then where would you use your ts credits at for dinner? Do they have any availability where you want? It is not a waste of a credit to buy lunch if it is where you want to eat. As the other poster said, a lot of places have gone to an all day menu and the cost is the same. I've decided I'm not going to worry about maximizing my credit and just pick places and food I want.

You can check menus for the restaurants you are dining at on wdwinfo, allears or the Disney website. So many restaurants have the same menu and prices all day long. For the ones with separate lunch and dinner menus you can compare the prices to help decide where it would be better to pay out of pocket and where to use your TS credits.

actually, most restaurants in WDW are going to an all-day menu model, where lunch and dinner are exactly the same.

Yep. Of all the meals, breakfast is the poorest "value" on the DDP. Cheapest TS meal at all restaurants (as opposed to lunch/dinner at the same restaurant), plus no dessert. Lunch is good way to use TS credits.

We often book TS for lunch. I think that it is a mistake to "save credits just to minimize the DDP value. Eat where you want and eat when you want, and order what you want. There is no value in eating a meal you do not want just because it costs more than the one that you prefer.

Try to get your money's worth by doing all dinners...it helps the pace of your vacation too in my opinion...but it's completely up to you.

I can't answer about value on the dining plan, but I found we preferred for our TS meal on any given day to be a really late breakfast or a lunch. It just seemed a natural stopping point in the day to relax, be in a/c, etc.
Dinner ADRs felt a little confining because they didn't always flow with our touring plan, so it seemed like we would have to stop the fun we were having and go to dinner. This was okay on days where dinner was "the event," but not always.

Some park restaurants are moving to all day menu. Chef's de France, Mama Melrose and 50's are three that come to mind.

We do it all the time. We actually prefer the lunch when it is an option. Plus, the quick service places are MUCH less crowded at dinner time.

There's a pretty thorough spreadsheet, I think on WDWprepschool maybe? They break down the "average" cost of a meal and which meals make the most value out of the dining plan. If more of your meals fall below that threshold than are over it, you may be paying more for the dining plan than you are getting value for.

Getting your money's worth means getting good meals that you're happy with.

I think your plan makes a lot of sense. You get to book the restaurants you want, not just what's left over for dinner.

You might consider booking the latest ADR you can, and considering it a very early dinner if that suits your dining style.

I am not one to worry about value. I eat what I want, where I want, when I want. No picking the most expensive meal or the most expensive restaurants. But I do get the most expensive meal IF it is what I really want. That is where the value comes in for me. ;)

If you are wanting more of a dinner time, then look for the latest times available in lunch time bracket.

Check DS restaurant's we have found lots of ADRs available there for dinner time.

Last minute like while walking in the park making ADR's for that night.

Check the resort restaurants POR and CSR and always a go to for us.

Check everyday all day long off and on and you should be able to score a few fav's.

I always try to use my TS credits for breakfast or lunch. I hate to be trapped in the park all day waiting for dinner, especially if I'm hot and tired, and it's just such a time wasting pain to take those crowded buses back and forth multiple times. I can eat my TS lunch, then feel free to stay at the park or go back and relax at the resort if I wish.

I am about to book my ADRs and had planned to book all dinner meals, but looking at the schedule a bit we are planning to switch to lunch for a day or two so that we don't risk missing the night time show because we are eating dinner. A break mid day sounds really nice too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter