using transparencies-is this right?

disney funseeker

DIS Veteran
First I need the correct transparency that will work in my printer.

Print on the rough side.

The smooth side is the acid free side, therefore the rough side is face up.

If I'm not using a brad to hold it in place, should I use vellum tape?

It depends on what kind of printer you have. The transparency will tell you which side to use depending on the printer. Ink jets print on a different side than laser. I use brads and eyelets to hold in place. Or I tuck it partly under another element and fasten it down under there. Hope that makes sense!

What Stephres said......

I've also attached it with a die cut that I've run through my Xyron. Or just used a piece of regular adhesive & covered it with a die cut or sticker or button or....

The transparencies that I have have a strip label on the top that you remove after printing, it tells which side to use for a lasar printer and which side for an ink jet printer. I use brads or eyelets too, but I have used the vellum tape adhesive. It does show a little, so I put a small strip behind any writing or behind the image that I printed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter