Using timeshare to stay at Old Key West...dining plan?

3redheads

Mouseketeer
We're using a timreshare exchange to stay at OKW. Are we eligible for the dining plan since we are staying at a Disney resort?

Thanks in advance!

To my knowledge, trade outs do not qualify for the purchase of the dining plan. This is a perk for members, but trade outs fall under a different set of rules.

Actually, on a RCI trade, yes you can. You should have contact information for DVC member services. Call them about adding a dining plan to your reservation. You must pay for the plan when you add it and you can add it anytime up to 2 days before arrival.

To my knowledge, trade outs do not qualify for the purchase of the dining plan. This is a perk for members, but trade outs fall under a different set of rules.

One of the advantages of the RCI system overall is that using an exchange generally entitles you to have most of the benefits of being an owner at that resort during your exchange week, at least for things that basically cover that week. (That is, some owner perks, like annual pass and merchandise discounts, do not apply to exchange guests).

Thank you so much for the replies. Now I will have to figure out if it would benefit us financially. Kids are 18 and 14.

Thanks again!

Yes, you are eligible for Extra Magic Hours, and for Disney's Magical Express airport transportation if you need or want it.

About the only things you aren't eligible for are the perks reserved for DVC owners (annual pass discount, restaurant discounts, etc)

Is this new? Cause we have done the dining plan while buying someone elses points. You just need the person you are buying it from to add it.

One of the advantages of the RCI system overall is that using an exchange generally entitles you to have most of the benefits of being an owner at that resort during your exchange week, at least for things that basically cover that week. (That is, some owner perks, like annual pass and merchandise discounts, do not apply to exchange guests).

Awesome, I so did not know this. Thought DDP would fall under those other perks since it is priced with no seasonal upcharge for DVC members.

Awesome, I so did not know this. Thought DDP would fall under those other perks since it is priced with no seasonal upcharge for DVC members.

Is this new? Cause we have done the dining plan while buying someone elses points. You just need the person you are buying it from to add it.

You're thinking of point rentals, which are a different thing from a trade-in or timeshare exchange. In a point rental you are purchasing the owner's points directly from the owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter